[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did I make a good /lit/ order? My reading has been almost entirely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: nabonchyn.jpg (453 KB, 658x998) Image search: [Google]
nabonchyn.jpg
453 KB, 658x998
Did I make a good /lit/ order?

My reading has been almost entirely scifi and fantasy for a few years and I wanted to try some deeper works. Pynchon had been on my mind for awhile and then I started reading about Nabokov and got a few of his works.
>>
Yes.

Never make a thread like this again.
>>
>>8182410

k
>>
>>8182393
>"deeper" works
>3 books by Nabokov, master of aesthetics
>>
>>8182393
Why did you buy four books at once, three of which by the same author. I'm sure you will manage, but you're not exactly exposing yourself to a great variety here.

>>8182762
this too
>>
>>8182393
Read V. before Gravity's Rainbow just so you get the rhythm of Pynchon
>>
>>8182940
>Why did you buy four books at once, three of which by the same author.

They're short, variety will come with time. The Nabokov books all sounded intriguing. Mary especially because I've had no first love and live for nostalgia.
>>
pynchon will probably be a bit much for you but w/e
despair is has a few good jokes (long game jokes), but is a lesser nabokov by most people's standards
>>
>>8183037
>They're short, variety will come with time.
Nig Lolita is over 400 pages
it's not a doorstop but it sure as hell isn't "short"

and Pinecone is a doorstop
>>
>>8183037
>they'r short
hahaha gravitys rainbow is extremely dense and anyone who says otherwise is taking the piss, trust me. even infinite jest is a quicker read with regards to actual ease of reading
>>
>>8182393
those 2 nabokov covers on the right look good
>>
>>8182940
>implying variety is good
>>
Bruh youre getting in over your head to try and fit in on this board

This isn't like /mu/ whete you can just slap on whatever album is cool and then get that cred

Reading is actually something you have to stay in your class for, and you're jumping way too deep to try hard
>>
>>8183124
>(long game jokes)
what does this mean, that the 'punchline' is long down the road?
>>
>>8182393
>My reading has been almost entirely scifi and fantasy for a few years and I wanted to try some deeper works
Chances are GR will kick your ass
>>
>>8183600
yes
>>
>>8183579

I was talking about the length of the Nabokov books. I know how long GR is.
>>
>>8182393
It's alright, should have bought Crime and Punishment though.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.