[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> and yet, due to his changes, all young people in Britai
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Liz-Palmer-011.jpg (11 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Liz-Palmer-011.jpg
11 KB, 460x276
> and yet, due to his changes, all young people in Britain (regardless of gender, ethnicity, class, or individuality) are now expected to relate to the white, middle-aged, upper-middle class values which he decided were the right values. There is, apparently, no literary merit in any writer beyond these boundaries.

> This intellectual snobbery would have made my job not only impossible, but also soul destroying. I cannot stand at the front of a classroom and make children chant the works of Keats – instilling in them the belief that the only voices worth hearing in our society are those of a dead, white, English, male establishment figure.

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2014/aug/05/how-gove-reforms-drove-me-out-teaching
>>
>2014
>>
>>8180969
Who cares. Apart from Shakespeare and Chaucer, Americans did it better.

British schools should teach Pynchon and Delillo.
>>
>> 8180969

Implying good female writers exist
>>
>>8181001
>implying men know how to 4chan
>>
>>8181004
Go back to reading Jane Austen
>>
https://youtu.be/L8ZIguWXo7k?t=13m48s
"""""Teachers""""" BTFO.
>>
>>8180969
why are there so many shitty threads like this at the moment? is it the same person starting them all?
>>
>>8180969
>Keats
>establishment figure

The establishment bfto of Keats so hard he died.
>>
>>8181670

You literally have no clue wtf you're talking about
>>
Anyone on record expressing beliefs like that should be arrested, forced to sign recantations, and placed in reeducation camps.
>>
>>8181670

kek
>>
>>8181709
For the record, I believe this statement is false.

OH SHIT! Did I mean MY statement?! But that would be a paradox! SHIIIIIIIIIIT! (falls into a quantum superposition of being arrested and not arrested and the universe collapses)
>>
>>8181709
I should disagree with this, but I don't
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.