[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overrated book
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: tewwg.jpg (2 MB, 1217x1860) Image search: [Google]
tewwg.jpg
2 MB, 1217x1860
Overrated book
>>
Blak peple
>>
muh name teacake

me beat u woman

muh dik

Literally the worst book I've ever read.
>>
>>8178821

What's the best book you ever read?
>>
The phonetic dialect was very irritating.

I get it, they're black and don't speak proper English. You don't have to literally spell it out for me you crazy woman.
>>
>>8178843
IJ
>>
>>8178856
>Hurrr don't be a nigger around me

Did you hate the grapes of wrath too?
>>
>>8178864
Yes, dialectical literature is poshlost rabble
>>
>>8178859
Muh meme book, muh lols, he dead and he rebellious.

Shut up cunt
>>
>>8178868
Except for clockwork and trainspotting
>>
>>8178868
It's not supposed to posh. That's the point.
>>8178874
If you write a book this way its shit! Unless I like it......
>>
>>8178843
I didn't post "IJ."

My favorite book is either Bram Stoker's "Dracula" or Herbert's original "Dune"
>>
>>8178911
Muh Vampires, muh gothic, I'm spooky monster but used to be respectable man

Or

Muh science magic, muh sci-fi wurl, lookit there's some alien stuff right dere!

Shut the fuck up cunt.
>>
>>8178927
What's your favorite? The leprechaun who loved anal sex?
>>
Just wanted to let you guys know I really hate american blacks, ok, thanks for reading.
>>
>>8178864

I don't like Steinbeck that much. I've read East of Eden, Cannery Row, Of Mice and Men, I probably won't ever read the Grapes of Wrath. His writing isn't that much better than average genre fiction.

>>8178874

Clockwork was okay because it wasn't phonetic. Trainspotting almost lost me. The one section about the normal person with aids and I think also the schoolgirl were very refreshing to read. Gr8 book overall. I still have no fucking idea what a "Soap dodger" is. If it weren't for Danny Boyle I may never have read that book, mind you, that's not a criticism.

>>8179547

I don't mind black people as long as they're the same socioeconomic class as me or at least not gangbanger scum. I wish American black people had followed more in the vein of Booker T Washington than all those idiot college students in the 1960s.
>>
>>8179547
good
>>
>>8179624
Had to read OMAM for school (luckily not GoR). Would you recommend EoE?
>>
>>8179624
>His writing isnt that much better than average genre fiction.

>I need stream of consciousness and flights of fancy in my writing or its just shit!
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.