[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello /lit/ I have started with the Greeks and resumed with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1451237532134.jpg (721 KB, 1108x1920) Image search: [Google]
1451237532134.jpg
721 KB, 1108x1920
Hello /lit/

I have started with the Greeks and resumed with the Romans.

My question is after I have continued with the Christians, do I then Ruminate with the Renascence men? or do I back up to the Byzantines?

And at which time do I adventure with the Arabs and examine the east Asians?
>>
>>8174128
get kuhrazy with the khristians
>>
you get along with the arabics

avicenna, alfarabi, averroes etc
>>
all these memes

you should have read the greeks and skipped to enlightenment
>>
Renaissance doesn't make sense if you don't master the middle ages.
But don't bother with Byzantines, they wrote nothing notable.

>>8174195
>skipped to enlightenment
Apply alliteration, anon.
>>
>>8174286
entered the

why am i even doing this jfc
>>
>>8174195
that is mostly dangerous propaganda
>>
>>8174317
>your statement contradicts my values
>it must be politically motivated

have fun reading all those hacks
>>
I doubt you finished the Greeks and Romans let alone the Greeks. So, you read all of Homer, Plato, Aristotle, the tragedies, Hellenistic philosophers, Neoplatonists, Hesiod, Aristophanes, Herodotus, Xenophon, Thucydides, and the mythologies?

>>8174286
Why would it be alliteration when "start with the Greeks" isn't in the first place?
>>
>>8174353
That's the meme, man
>>
>>8174353
you only really have to read plato, the tragedians, maybe aristophanes, and maaaaaaaaaybe some histories if you really have nothing to do.
>>
Quite frankly it's more valuable to have a romp with the Romantics and mope with the Modernists.
>>
>not piss-drunkenly pondering postmodernists
>>
File: Thomas-Aquinas-Black-large.jpg (483 KB, 1152x1600) Image search: [Google]
Thomas-Aquinas-Black-large.jpg
483 KB, 1152x1600
>>8174327
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.