[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/, I have a problem and maybe you'll have a ne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: sad-1106747_960_720.jpg (92 KB, 645x720) Image search: [Google]
sad-1106747_960_720.jpg
92 KB, 645x720
Hey /lit/,

I have a problem and maybe you'll have a new perspective or two to share with me.

Basically, I want to write a short story that covers a niche of our society. And I want to say, a niche, nothing more. This is not the WHOLE world and this is not HOW THINGS REALLY ARE, it's just a slit of society I have been watching lately.

Now, my linkage is wrong, but it may be very representative, thatswhy I took it.

Here it goes: Mass shooters and other extrem societal deviants (always MEN*) are always seen as monsters, but society never admits how men, unlike women, are thrown to the grinder. Some get on top, some turn out monsters, all suffer.

Now I've based this assumption on a simple yet scary premise of »boys dont cry«. From the start, in order to get people/citizens to go to war, to do hard work, to even take pride in harsh shit they have to put up with is an emotional encripplement. While girls are seen as ones who can cry and express feelings, who are guarded by society (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlFAd4YdQks), men are thrown to the wolves.

Now I«m trying to write a short story and I tried a few times and have always failed. In every writing, I have fallen into two traps: (MALE)Character is either percieved as complete monster OR he is reduced to a child(suffering was not done to a boy but to a child. Could be a girl, too).

So. A story where man is crippled because he was a boy-child. Got any ideas how to approach it?

*society deems them as Always men. You'll find male shooters all over google, while female will be like a note in wikipedia.
>>
oh god
>>
You're not writer.
>>
>>8171678
back to >>>/pol/
>>
>>8171678

What happened to your amputation story?
>>
>>8171692
Wrote it, its shit. It had failed on two mentioned points. Main character was reduced to a monster and point was not sex-specific.
>>
Hmmm. This may actually be properly executed with twins. Male + female. Or even triplets: pretty girl(saved), ugly girl(unsanctioned tormentor) and boy(sanctioned tormentor).
>>
zzz

you can't even write a compelling post
>>
>>8173206
this

anything you write is doomed to failure because your command over the english language is abysmal.
>>
>>8173214
But I'm not writing in Eglish. I would not dare. I write in a soon-to be extinct language that two million people speak.
>>
>>8173217
extinguish yourself and spare us the dreary story
>>
>>8171678

Honestly, you are having trouble explaining your plot flat out without looking like a total fag, so I don't think you're close to writing a short story about your 'niche' yet.

Rewrite your original post a couple more times to make it sound more interesting and not like you're a whiny little fuck complaining about how hard it is to be a man. Also to that point, you do realize what you're arguing is going to be VERY HARD to get across simply because:

Women have it harder.

Now, I see your overall point and it is valid. BUT, like I said, you need to really work on your delivery.

Interesting idea, though, and maybe work off of this >>8173191

Good luck on your story anon, but 4real, the one thing that will hold your story back is if you at all imply a woman has it harder than a man in today's society.
>>
>>8173238
>Women have it harder.

Can't really understand that if initial point of the sexes starts with "you can express feelings, while you will be berated if you do". Sorry.
>>
>>8173331
Women do have it harder.
You think that just because guys act stupid for girls, they have everything handed on a solver plate for them.
No.

You're a guy and beyond that, you have no life experience. I can tell. You have no idea how much peer pressure is put on a girl every single moment. Your mind would break if you'd be forced by the society as girls are.

Bottom line is, take care if yourself as much as a girl does (5+ hours a day easily) and I guaran-fucking-tee you all girls will fall for you and you'd have a much easier life relative to that of a girl. I can guarantee you'll get a good job/promotion, respect, girls, friends, everything you're envious for.

But who am I talking to, you ain't ever gonna do it. No guys put that much effort ever.
>>
>>8173363

You did not argue my initial point of emotional encripplement. If you intend to cling to some mythical "über peer pressure" (exists for both sexes. And can be IMMENSELY brutal for men), then i can't really take you seriously.
>>
>>8171695
What was the amputation story? Curious because I too wrote a story about amputation and posted the synopsis on /lit/
>>
>>8173570
>Woman wakes up in some derelich room, shes on drugs
>Realizes she is waking from surgery
>Not-Breivik explains he amputated her (not specified. large percentage of the body) in order to reflect how uncaring is the world toward men in comparison to women. No other way to express himself. Says he explains it all in his Manifest on his computer and in print in the same room
>SWAT pops in, shoots the guy, takes the amputated woman, fire starts and house and dead guy starts to burn with his manifest known only to the amputee
>>
>>8173596
Oh
>>
It's a difficult premise, and the greatest difficulty will be the tendency of readers to interpret it from either feminist or MRA perspective. But if you can pull it off, you'd be a great writer. Don't listen to the pseuds here OP, you might fail but it's a worthy challenge and you'll be a better writer for it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.