[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
oh god go thru the comments https://www.instagram.com/p/BGp
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6
File: taz.jpg (129 KB, 995x623) Image search: [Google]
taz.jpg
129 KB, 995x623
oh god go thru the comments

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGpuc_WvsRi/?taken-by=tazsangels_&hl=en
>>
normies are pleb af REEEE etc
>>
>>8170001
>let me search through social media to find something to get riled up about and share it with my secret club

kill yourself
>>
>>8170001
What is a book that changed your life, name 3.

Master and Margarita - Bulgakov
Klingsor's Last Summer - Hesse
Chronicles of Amber - Zelazny
>>
>>8170001
212migs is such a pretentious twat holy shit, I'm willing to bet his list includes The Prince
>>
>harry potter changed their lives

STRETCHED
>>
Why do we hate stupid people? Is it because we'd like to have more people like us around us? Is it because they too can vote? At thw end of the day it's not their fault they were born stupid. Don't they simply make you grateful for having been very lucky with the biological roulette? Is it their smugness and repetition of empty slogans? Is it their passion for worthless shit made exclusively so that someone could make just a bit more money off them?
This whole thing is very interesting to me.
>>
>>8170066
To be honest the only guy who seems to have answered truthfully was the one that said Quran.
>>
>>8170065
All That Is - Salter
Eugene Onegin - Pushkin
and lolita
>>
>>8170073
It's because we don't like ourselves and need to erect an idealized self-image.
>>
>>8170079
So we hate them because they don't hate themselves?
>>
>>8170100
No, we hate them because we hate ourselves. Hatred is born of lack
>>
>>8170100
Well, somebody has to.
>>
>>8170073

I'm not very smart. But I like learning about new things and I know my own limitations. It's arrogant stupid people that make me angry. The people in the OP pic might not even be stupid, they might be young, or they might just have shit taste.
>>
>>8170110
>>8170112
Would you rather have the smug, delusional confidence of a normie that thinks bansky and macklemore are deep or would you rather keep on being your troubled self?
>>
>>8170122
The latter.

Realizing that you are a better human than you were a couple years ago, that you are better educated, your taste has advanced and you are superior to your past self is a great feeling

Those people don't have that, they just keep being themselves and still think all the shit they were into with 13 is still super cool
>>
>>8170122
I would keep myself.
>>
>>8170138
This was weirdly inspirational, thanks anon!
>>
>>8170117
In their case ignorance is a choice.
>>
>>8170122
I am a 'normie'. I have plenty of friends and a girlfriend. I'm not filled with hatred. That doesn't mean I don't have troubles, though. I don't project them outwards, however.

Look at the most hateful boards on here, /r9k/ and /pol/. It's just pure ressentiment.
Do you not think this applies very well to them?

>Ressentiment is a sense of hostility directed at that which one identifies as the cause of one's frustration, that is, an assignment of blame for one's frustration. The sense of weakness or inferiority and perhaps jealousy in the face of the "cause" generates a rejecting/justifying value system, or morality, which attacks or denies the perceived source of one's frustration. This value system is then used as a means of justifying one's own weaknesses by identifying the source of envy as objectively inferior, serving as a defense mechanism that prevents the resentful individual from addressing and overcoming their insecurities and flaws. The ego creates an enemy in order to insulate itself from culpability

Same goes for the obverse, i.e. tumblr etc.
>>
>>8170001
212migs: The alchemist
>muh nigga
>>8170066
What, the alchemist is good at least
>>
You know, a lot of people think it's stupid to find something that angers you on purpose. I am of opposite opinion - people by their nature are rigid, so if you have an opinion, it's tough to change it. But the chances are better if you seek out the opposing side than if you stay within your comfort zone.

I knew a guy who was really /pol/, hated jews and women, but he managed to go to summer conference for liberals - he probably expected to just get triggered and reinforce his position that all lefties are cucks - but when he returned, even if he remained /pol/, his arguements became much more rational.

I had the same experience with meme trilogy. I emerged loving Pynchon, respecting Joyce, and understanding DFW, even if I don't agree with him.
>>
>>8170065
"Pimp" by Iceberg Slim
The Bible
Windows 7 Advanced Training Manual
>>
>>8170193
>Alchemist
>Think and grow rich
>Art of War
>Republic
>48 laws of power

The list screams of a guy yelling i'm so special, so smart, look at me guys i'm so much better than you.

I'd be willing to bet he hasnt seen half of those books let alone opened them.

He saw they were cool memes on 9gag.
>>
>>8170215
So what are his arguments for hating women and Jews now then? Seeing as they're rational and all.
>>
>>8170163
>hello I am a reasonable milquetoast normie, I'm a chill guy, I just kinda roll with the vibe you know haha, I have absolutely no real conviction and am a completely malleable programmable automaton, haha
>>
>>8170193
>the alchemist
>good
>>
>>8170226
To be honest hating on jews is a european tradition.

They were expelled from pretty much every country at least once in history.

Mostly due to massive nepotism amongst jews.

Hitler just ruined it for everybody
>>
>>8170193
>What, the alchemist is good at least

get real
>>
>>8170226
He stopped hating women.
On the subject of Jews, he says that Hitler royally screwed up - eugenics does work and he eliminated all "weak" and poor Jews, the ones who had finances and conviction fled Germany and captured territories, and considering their history, it left only the cream of the crop.
>>
>>8170228
>I post like this because it helps reinforce my pigeonhole based weltanschauung which provides convenient ad hominem attacks that I can use to silence opposing views with little to no effort
>>
>>8170243
Pointless post, philosophical and rhetorical terms does not equate to good argumentation.

Delete your shitty post you cuck.
>>
File: 1464589743668.jpg (7 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
1464589743668.jpg
7 KB, 250x241
>>8170237
>is racist
>not a misogynist tho xD
>2016
>still not realizing females are a separate race
Your friend sounds like an idiot desu
>>
>>8170248
>muh impotent rage
>>
>>8170193
212 migs pls go
>>
>>8170248
behold the intellect of the red-pilled man.
>>
>>8170260
fuck you cuckold.bet you're a filthy roastwhore or a nu-male cuck who hates whiteness and masculinity.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE (pepe the frog man says this and he represents sad robots)
>>
File: 1465991292532.jpg (4 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1465991292532.jpg
4 KB, 250x250
>>8170260
Who said I was from reddit? I just FUCKING HATE and can't abide FUCKING BORING-ASS NORMIES without any real stances or personalities, fucking hell.
>durr every side is just angry at the world for not fulfilling their wants
Yeah, no shit you fucking cuck, anger is good, it is what drives one to get up and change shit to where it suits YOU, whereas a normie cuck like you would rather conform.
>>8170257
This is why dueling needs to be legalized
>>
>>8170274
>t.
>>
>>8170274
who are you even quoting lmao
>>
>>8170280
Elliot Rodger was a great man, one of the few real human beings to ever live.
>>
File: reedmore.jpg (195 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
reedmore.jpg
195 KB, 1200x630
>>8170001
What's wrong OP? Still trying to deny The Alchemist its rightful place in the classics?
>>
>>8170288
Absolutely redpilled
>>
>>8170297
He exerted his will and stayed true to his beliefs.

He's like a smaller scale web 2.0 Mohammad, Zyzz was also like this
>>
>>8170193

>Coelho
>good

I understand, there's a local journalist author here that is a total shitter but I still like one of his novels.
>>
>>8170001
I mean if they put like "Beyond Good and Evil" or "Moby Dick" we'd just call them fedoralords anyway

There's a pretty limited range of acceptable answers there (probably just Gaddis books)
>>
>>8170304
>Rodger
nonwhite
>Mohammad
mudslime pedo
>Zyzz
degenerate

take the redpill, kid
>>
>>8170304
mohammad and zyzz actually achieved things

elliot didn't accomplish shit, the only noteworthy part of his life lasted less than a day and ended up with him killing himself.
>>
>>8170330
>elliot didn't accomplish shit, the only noteworthy part of his life lasted less than a day and ended up with him killing himself.
It was also the perfect end to his life and thoughts expressed in his video blogs.

Taking back my Mohammad comparison though, he's really more like Mishima.
>>
>>8170349
>he's really more like Mishima.

i agree, they were both pathetic and accomplished nothing.
>>
File: Untitled.png (15 KB, 308x228) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
15 KB, 308x228
You sure showed those normies, anon
>>
>>8170330
>elliot didn't accomplish shit, the only noteworthy part of his life lasted less than a day and ended up with him killing himself.

>But Marco is dead . . . Yet forever
>He'll live in the glory of Song.

>While you, self-contented and dormant,
>Like worms you will crawl on your way;
>No tale shall relate of your doings,
>No poet shall sing you a lay!

(c) maxim gorky

(:
>>
>>8170378
a wikipedia page and being a meme on a cambodian fishing message board isn't immortality.
>>
>>8170065
Borges, Labyrinths
Gaddis, JR
Hernández, Nadie encendía las lámparas
>>
>go thru the comments
no
>>
>>8170364
>212migs
>The one black guy too interested in gnosticism
>>
>>8170073
I hate people that hate people that are "stupid". They are happy and im not.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.