[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which religions have the dankest literary traditions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: zenkoan.png (130 KB, 367x245) Image search: [Google]
zenkoan.png
130 KB, 367x245
Which religions have the dankest literary traditions?
>>
>>8169544
Christianity
>>
The bible is cool, but buddhism is the right answer
>>
>>8169561
Eh. Most of it is melodramatic and preachy. Hardly any of it except for Jeebus's speeches are at all poetic. Lots of boring history and dates and times.
>>
>>8169566
Dante, Milton, Dostoevsky, etc...
>>
>>8169566
Song of Solomon is literally biblical poetry.
>>
>>8169566

I wouldn't really count the bible as part of the christian literary tradition, because christian tradition didn't really become tradition until the bible was around (and the new testament heirographia was decided upon)

I'd count as christian literary tradition thos books that were written by christian writers or writers who were influenced by a christian world view, which is to say, most of the writers in the western world.

If you want to be more specific, things like the Canterbury Tales and the Divine Comedy are definitely part of the christian literary tradition.
>>
>>8169544
most of the big ones
>>
>>8169619
gee, thanks for narrowing it down
>>
>>8171416
He meant Christianity.
>>
>>8171490
nope I didn't. Once a religion hits a critical mass people start writing about it bc it's the culture they were raised in. If enough people write about one think you have a literary tradition.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.