[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you write better than this man?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
Can you write better than this man?
>>
No one can write better than the Meme God.
>>
He already published many books and made lots of money so probably not.
>>
>>8167321
Not yet
>>
>>8167321
>“I read," I say. "I study and read. I bet I've read everything you read. Don't think I haven't. I consume libraries. I wear out spines and ROM-drives. I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it." My instincts concerning syntax and mechanics are better than your own, I can tell, with all due respect. But it transcends the mechanics. I'm not a machine. I feel and believe. I have opinions. Some of them are interesting. I could, if you'd let me, talk and talk.”

Yes?
>>
Not even tryin' to meme here but damn that face is legitimately making me uncomfortable, like, what is he trying to express with it? It looks like the face of apprehension and guilt of apprehension.
>>
>>8167351
DAVID FOSTER WALLAAACE
>>
>>8167321
... yeah actually, Yes.
>>
>>8167351
is DFW genuinely autistic?
>>
>>8167321
The real question is how good of a fellatin' can he do
>>
>>8167379
No, he's genuinely dead.
>>
>>8167359
He's feeling guilty for not feeling guilty enough.
>>
give me 10 000 hours and i will be . any day ill start
>>
I know the difference between a hurricane and a monsoon
>>
>>8167359

It's like he's trying to suppress a smile because smiling would make him feel guilty. The message I'm reading off his face is 'I'm sorry and apologize impotently for existing'.
>>
>>8167321
No. But at least I have the sense not to write.
>>
>>8167369
GOOD GOOD AMERICAN WRITER
>>
>>8167369
>>8168145
I can't find this video to save my life
>>
>>8169621
google "/lit/ wins lol"
>>
>>8169621
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blnnQMEAfo8&app=desktop
>>
>>8168136
Quite the opposite. His cold dead eyes and tight mouth hint at humorless amusement, barely supressed. It is the expression of a man who wants to laugh, but knows he shouldn't.

I'm increasingly convinced of the idea Greene is insincere, his cuck persona manufactured. He looks so joyless and empty, right in the eyes. Remember the passage from American Psycho when Bateman meets Tom Cruise? This is a man who parrots the words people say, and mimics rather convincingly, but beneath it is boredom, concealed but barely, and he itches to do something to make life more interesting
>>
>>8167321
Say what you will, but he has mastered the Young Adult realm far better than you ever will. he knows exactly what he's doing
>>
File: 1461310400760.png (574 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
1461310400760.png
574 KB, 1080x1920
>ywn harness prose as beautifully as this
>>
>>8169743
kek complete
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.