[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the worst book you've ever read all the way through?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4
File: 51N6EPWJ2XL.jpg (38 KB, 312x475) Image search: [Google]
51N6EPWJ2XL.jpg
38 KB, 312x475
What's the worst book you've ever read all the way through?
>>
File: dianetics.jpg (58 KB, 329x475) Image search: [Google]
dianetics.jpg
58 KB, 329x475
Many moons ago. Complex bullshit is fascinating.
>>
File: big.jpg (31 KB, 230x350) Image search: [Google]
big.jpg
31 KB, 230x350
Basically this book and all of Dan Brown work in my opinion.
>>
>>8167258

This. Friend who recommended it to me did not enjoy hearing my feedback.
>>
>>8167441
His books are all the same aren't they? I read the Da Vinci Code as a kid, loved it, then later read Angels & Demons after, though it was great, then read the Lost Symbol, and it was a page turner, but I realized they all followed literally the exact same formula of le spooky masked villain and smug Langdon saving the day with a hot sidekick
>>
File: 1369367.jpg (46 KB, 295x475) Image search: [Google]
1369367.jpg
46 KB, 295x475
Just off the top of my head, Warp Speed by Travis S. Taylor. Published by Baen in the period before vanity publishing to the Kindle through Amazon was possible, the book is about a author self-insert character who is super smart, super good at karate (he wins a martial arts tournament after getting his ribs broken) and mountain biking, and is just so superduper at everything he gets selected to be a astronaut and the shuttle commander becomes his girlfriend and he makes a perpetual energy machine with "miniature pistons." It reads like a 8th grader wrote it. I quit reading it when the mustache twirling "ree arr tark rike this" Chinese showed up and the space shuttle girlfriend rescued ~our hero~ by using a Harrier jet as a cargo airplane.

It makes John Ringo look like Alexandre Dumas.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.