[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I don't think it is his best, but it is definitely one of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160615_193158.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160615_193158.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1920
I don't think it is his best, but it is definitely one of the best
>>
>>8166905

Solid Hemingway. For Whom the Bell Tolls is better though imo

So far the only Hemingway I have not enjoyed was The Sun Also Rises. Literally a chore finishing it and I still think it's one of the worst books I've ever read.
>>
This was gonna be a recommendation thread but my gf broke up with me and so I'm just gonna kill myself
>>
>>8167099
do it, faggot
>>
>>8166905
>A Farewell to Arms
>Can't wave farewell without arms.

paradoxical.
>>
>>8166905
God, I fucking hate that book. What do you like about it? It was ridiculous and pointless imo.
>>
>>8167109
There's a scene in Evil Dead II after Ash cuts his hand off, where the hand goes lose and Ash traps it under a bucket and stacks books on top, one of which was A Farewell to Arms.
>>
>>8167099
Livestream when?
>>
>>8167099
someone didn't start with the greeks

it's not just a meme lad, they can save you
>>
>>8166905
>>8166934
agreed. Loved For Whom The Bell Tolls. Didn't love A Farewell To Arms nearly as much. Finally read The Old Man and the Sea yesterday and that was awesome.
>>
>>8167099
>>8168719
>>>/b/
>>
Opposite here, loved A Farewell to Arms and The Sun Also Rises, 3/4ths of the way through For Whom The Bell Tolls and I haven't enjoyed it as much as I thought of as much as others said I would. Still a good book though.
>>
Complete Stories > Farewell to Arms > Old Man And The Sea = The Sun Also Rises > (power gap) > For Whom The Bell Tolls
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.