[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Kingkiller Chronicle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 800.jpg (87 KB, 800x591) Image search: [Google]
800.jpg
87 KB, 800x591
So I don't usually like fantasy apart from Tolkien, but a 7/10 girl in my class told me to read this and I decided to give it a try. I'm only a few chapters in but so far the lame jokes and Gary Stu Firecrotch are starting to annoy me. Does it get better, /lit/? Is there a reason for everyone calling it the greatest work of fantasy of our time?
>>
1. You come across as incredibly vain and shallow, and I hope you die.
2. By all means finish it and suffer the torture.
3. No, it's shit.
>>
>allowing yourself to read a book a female told you to.
>>
>reading fantasy
>recommended by a girl

kys
>>
>>8164165
Yes, but how will he fuck her otherwise?
>>
>>8164170
>wasting your time for an animalistic instinct
>>
>>8164171
Hey I'm not him.
I read it because a friend recommend it, I don't take them since
>>
But why is the book shit and why do people say it's good?
>>
>>8164153
>Is there a reason for everyone calling it the greatest work of fantasy of our time?

you should be subtler when you start a bait
>>
>>8164153
It's twilightesque power fantasy drivel, pretending to be a vaguely post-modern examination of myth creation, smothered with pretentious 2deep4you music wankery and cringe inducingly written female characters.
In other words the girl who recommended it to you has dangerously shit taste and you should never speak to her again.
>>
>>8164196
>10/10 girl that does't like heavy metal
>absolutley disgusting

Are you gay?
>>
>>8164209
What? I just said her taste was shit, not that she's disgusting
>>
Imagine being given a handjob from a girl that everyone is crazy about. It starts off promising, but as it goes on, the girl is clumsy and akward, and it isn't really pleasurable for you. The only reason you don't call it quits is because you believe that sooner or later, you will see what everyone was so crazy about. Unfortunately, the bj just keeps dragging on and on and it takes forever to cum, and when you do, it is one of these shitty ruined half-orgasms that leave you disappointed.
This is what reading the Name of the Wind is like.
>>
>>8164479
well put m8
you should be a literary critic it reads like Bloom-san
>>
>>8164479
And then she keeps calling you but you dont pick up her phone because of the previous shitty experience. But your friends find out and pressure you, and tell you that they heard she liked you and anyways you are just right for her.

So you eventually call her back and she shows up and she is lookin banging, and she is clearly into you. But then she talks endlessly, and you get drunk and let her give you another blowjob, and basically uses her teeth the whole time and tries to dirty talk during it. Also, you notice she has some hygiene issues. Finally, not being able to cum you tell her that you have work early and have to leave.

That is the sequel.
>>
>>8164153
If you use words like gary stu you're no better than fans of this shit.
>>
>>8164526
sequel published before ADWD, young fatass should be getting more shit.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.