[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Short Story/Poetry thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (98 KB, 588x792) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98 KB, 588x792
Write and Rate:

Somewhere, far off, the Sow cried. We could hear it from the path's diverge.

It's there that our gate whispered a little clatter as our hands burnt, almost blackened by the rust-hot heat the iron held. I clipped my leg on the top-bar. There was a fumble; he scooped me up, and I scaled out into an sea of meadows.

The whins, shipped and narrowed our path. We flopped feet on the hollyhocks, feeling the tinkle of their grass-crew grab and lurch at our bare, shorted legs. His face was red, he walked puffing into the dense air; my chest tightened more and more as we took on a few last tacks down the land.

We were left more sweltering than we ever were on the walk behind us, and we felt our tops tighten and cling as we turned, like to Eurydice, at the path we'd dug out. It had wisped us into a little heath by a stream.

The sallies, under the writhing trees and in the shade; they flicked with us on the stream. The little beads on his forebrow left his head through his hand while wiped them off. He leant in to kiss me.

The eyes were closed, sullen. It was very clear he saw his next kiss, returning.

-

We walked back, said little after he'd come. The field was more open now, I ran in front while he walked, my skinny, boy-body whipping out as if I were just a child, as if he were the big man, the Bigfellow.

The gate proved less troubling and once we hit the road, my friend gave me a hug and parsed one last chance at my promised kiss. I reeled, he turned, I sighed as the free wind kept the fields moving, kept my face cool.
>>
>>8163868
I posted an old version, fugg :^))))
>>
>>8164134
Bump again jfc
>>
>>8163868
Serious question: can diverge be used as a noun? I've never heard it used that way.

Also, about a 5/10 desu
>>
>>8164900
I'll take a 5/10

Edited "diverge" out on my current draft though
>>
Illegitimate bastard sons
Crawling out from under stones
Father Father I've come home
A woman flutters her eyelashes in Washington
And bombs rain down in Sudan
Women and children first
Carry on smiling
And the world will smile with you
I'll laugh my nuts off the day the banks collapse
I'm alright jack
>>
working this is the start of a multi-art poem I'm working on
any thoughts?
>>
shit forgot the poem

>>8166552
I wait for God as patient as a tree.
In my stillness I was cast in statue,
So note the rust of waiting, breaking me.

Let dew be cast in rain, let lakes in sea.
Cleanse the river with the flooding, will you?
I wait for God as patient as a tree.
Can rain destroy the drops of dew? I plea,
Wipe the wet from iron, drying me too.
I fear the rust of waiting, breaking me.

The rust and dust could coat the royal We.
Rent the ashen cloth of David into
My wait for God as patient as a tree.
>>
I posted this on an anarchist group on Facebook and someone told me it "barely fits the structure of a sonnet". I'm pretty sure he's full of shit, but I'd like to double-check.

We rake a rim across a glistening arm
and scoop up tears of midnight labour’s dew,
whose pungent fragrance is a healing balm
to cure the sting of hovel-wall mildew.
This concentrate we whisk with flakes of blood
off granular battle-worn topsoil raked,
from conscripts’ veins to crimson rain on mud
and in the parching, leeching sunshine baked.
We pitch our pallid flag on easel, splash
the sanguine tint on linen, sweat and soil
and blood; with skilful strokes suffuse the blash;
emblazon it with instruments of toil.
This flag shall art for unwashed masses be
like millet bread and dialect poetry.
>>
>>8165203
Made me crack a smile. Nihilism is always funny.

I'm >>8167625 by the way. Please critique it, or at the very least tell me if it fits the structure of a sonnet, because it's messing with my mind.
>>
>>8167664
Nah that is 100% sonnet and pretty good too, top job
>>
Look away from the black mirror,
and see, you shall view things clearer.
The device will detach your soul-
and leave behind an empty hole

Beauty around you is wasted,
and life’s fruits left untasted.
Look away and recognize,
the world, as is, before your eyes.
>>
that is a very heavy load you r
carryin
bods step aside
otrhers step aside follow watch
in amusement
derision
you don'"t even know its there.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.