[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What books can help me deal with my crippling death anxiety?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: graveyard.jpg (586 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
graveyard.jpg
586 KB, 1024x683
What books can help me deal with my crippling death anxiety?
>>
Hegesias' Death by Starvation.will help you.
>>
>>8163549
the holy bible
>>
>>8163549
Pit and the Pendulum
>>
>>8163561

Nah preferably something that's true and not stuff that's made up that you guys only believe in because your favourite long dead philosopher told you to.
>>
>>8163569
Read as you would any other book. You don't have to read it as non-fiction.
>>
The Death of Ivan Illych
>>
>>8163549
wtf is a crippling death anxiety?
>>
>>8163603
muh feels
>>
>>8163549
Death anxiety is a huge theme in White Noise, so maybe that.
>>
>>8163549
I have suffered the same problem.

I previously looked to religion, but my rational thinking drifted me away from that path.
I highly recommend Epicurean and Buddhist Philosophy. What I really like to do is go bowling and use that time to just think about my life.

I don't like Crash Course because they don't really go in depth, but I can appreciate their "summary" style of video, so I will link their latest philosophy video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjQwedC1WzI

Honestly, everyone has a different view on death. Looking to others may help you find your own philosophy, but ultimately that path and perspective is entirely up to you.
>>
>>8163603
He is anxious about death to the point where it is "crippling" him, or effecting him to the point where it shows in his everyday life.

Crippling sort of means the same thing in almost every sense.
>>
>>8163549
>>8163614

To further this, my favorite movie to watch are "The Big Lebowski" which really puts me in the "take it easy" mood.
>>
>>8163549
>tfw life anxiety and death idealism
>>
>>8163603

Sounds like a MTG card.
>>
>>8163774
Crippling Death Anxiety 1B
Enchantment {R}
Each creature can't attack if an opponent controls a creature that is able to block it with power equal or higher than its toughness.
>>
>>8163549
we are not your fucking recommend-my-sorry-ass-a-book board goddamn just kill yourself faggot
>>
>>8163781
>we
We are not even a board, much less board with some intentions.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.