[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starting this this weekend. What am I in for?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: download (3).jpg (10 KB, 182x277) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
10 KB, 182x277
Starting this this weekend.

What am I in for?
>>
>>8159707
You have to stick with it. Erikson doesn't explain anything. I'm enjoying the series so far (just finished House of Chains).
>>
A masterful blend of Dragon Ball Z and Yu-Gi-Oh!
>>
>>8159707
It's shit, you'll hate it.
>>
>>8159777
how far did you get in the series...and why do you think its shit
>>
GURPS fantasy with lots of backstory and leftist bent.
>>
>>8159707
6/10 animu imo
>>
>>8159968
leftist compared to the old school righty fantasy it was published alongside, yes.
>>
It's great OP just keep reading when you get to a point where you don't quite understand, it will be explained. but concentrate on the reading because Eriksondoesn't repeat himself.
It's a great fantasy series with so much content and nice world building it's my personal favorite and for me it surpasses soiaf.
>>
>>8161080
>it surpasses soiaf
woah
>>
>>8159968
leftist? like liberal shit and stuff?

ill pass
>>
>>8159707
1. OK
2. Some of the best high fantasy ever
3. OK
4. Best in genre
5. weird and funny
6. ok sometimes great
7. eh
8. garbage and i stopped reading the series

He really dropped the ball.
>>
>>8161297
Holy shit it isn't. The author just has a better understanding of shit like wimminz and sociology, so it's not a testoserone infused rape fest. If that makes it lefty then yeah, you can fuck right on off.

Erikson was some kind of archaeologist before he started writing. It shows, in a good way.
>>
I dont know where to ask but

It's worth to read Journey to center of earth? i think it may be a little childish?
>>
>>8161312
Damn seriously? You had two more books left. 8 was that bad?
>>
>>8161320
stfu

>>8161297
There are female military commanders and assassins but usually because they are literally god touched.

>>8161326
Yes, there were some good threads itkovian is an amazing character but towards the end of the series he really gets into the whole "i hope they make a card game out of this" aspect and gets very much into character bloat, sort of the polar opposite of GRRM killing everyone interesting off.
>>
>>8161324
Not appropriate here but yes, it is an interesting and fun period piece.
>>
>>8159707
Welcome to Kruppe's ruse cruise. There is no way out but to jump off.
>>
>>8159759
>doesnt explain anything.

This is making me dive into it. I hate hand holding in Genre fiction.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.