[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Calling all poetry pundits of /lit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: ml_p2p_pc_badge_normal1.jpg (23 KB, 175x175) Image search: [Google]
ml_p2p_pc_badge_normal1.jpg
23 KB, 175x175
Just finishing an English AP course and part of our ISU or CCA (or what ever the hell you want to call it) is to select poetry that you think should be added to the study list for next semester. Any recommendations? What do you guys should the kids be reading these days in terms of poetry?
>>
What is the current study list?
>>
Anne Carson, Autobiography of Red

Thomas Meyer, Beowulf (translation)
>>
>>8156109
>underaged
>asking for homework help
Give me your current list of poetry and I'll make sure your teacher thinks you're the next Harold Bloom.
>>
>>8156109
"The Waste Land" by T.S. Eliot is an obvious choice.
>>
>>8156115
>Anne Carson, Autobiography of Red
Loved that one.
>>
>>8156240
Just copy+paste the list from the back of The Western Canon.
>>
Surprise them with the exciting parts of the Iliad. Kids won't expect that level of graphic detail and action in something like that. Specifically I suggest the part where Achilles kills so many people that he blocks Scamander, and then when the river god asks him to kindly move his massacre somewhere else, he says no and fights, then outruns, the fucking god. That might have a real chance to spark their interest in areas they previously saw as boring.
>>
>>8156447
There aren't many poems in The Western Canon, if any, but he has another book called The Best Poems of the English Languange: From Chaucer through Frost which has a quality assortment of poems and poets.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.