[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When you read, do you highlight passages worth noting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: Messages Image(1191874486).png (619 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
Messages Image(1191874486).png
619 KB, 604x604
When you read, do you highlight passages worth noting?
>>
kindle, so yes.

It even gathers all of them into a single text file, so that you get to track the progression towards the latest beautiful ideas and thought-provoking passages you've wanted to remind yourself of, from back when you only ever highlighted nasty words and dick jokes.
>>
>>8149955
Yeah, I underline them.
Then whenever I'm bored I flip through my booms and ponder the notable passages I've underlined
>>
>>8150014
>my booms
don't judge me you know what I meant
>>
>>8149999
I have two "My Clippings.txt" files and they're amazing, and huge. They're in my dropbox so I won't lose them.

If note taking on Kindle were easier it would be even better! The touchscreen keyboard of the Paperwhite sucks compared to the proper keyboard of the old 3G
>>
I highlight, write notes in margins, list out works, ideas, etc the text is alluding to, etc
>>
No.

http://ideas.time.com/2013/01/09/highlighting-is-a-waste-of-time-the-best-and-worst-learning-techniques/
>>
I don't highlight them but I do write them down in a separate notebook. I find that doing so has helped me retain more of the books I've read also.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.