[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished reading "The Taking" by Dean Koontz.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: 1367305865560.jpg (557 KB, 1258x1258) Image search: [Google]
1367305865560.jpg
557 KB, 1258x1258
I just finished reading "The Taking" by Dean Koontz. It was (initially) about an alien invasion in which the invaders are so advanced they simply bend reality to their wills.

Moving themselves or us through walls, corpses get up to do their bidding, our technology only working at their whim, creating storms at will and beginning to replace our biosphere with theirs in hours.

The ending was shit and ruined the mystery and horror of it. Can anyone suggest any books where aliens invade but are so beyond us that they dont need to bother with body snatching and death rays? Where their motives and methods defy comprehension.
>>
>>8148093
bump for interest
>>
>>8148093
Roadside Picnic?
>>
>>8148093

The Genocides - Thomas M. Disch

Forge of God - Greg Bear

Fade-Out - Patrick Tilley

Wolfsbane - Frederick Pohl & CM Cornbluth

The Kraken Wakes - John Wyndham

All deal with dispassionate, unseen aliens (???) almost disinterestedly fucking up humanity's lot. Of all of them, The Genocides is the most fatalistic and depressing, followed by The Kraken Wakes. Both very English. The other three are a bit more fun, but should all still meet your criteria.
>>
Solaris
>>
>>8148831
>>8148885
>>8148890
Thanks, I'll probably end up reading most or all of these.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.