[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BITCH WHAT UUUUUP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6
File: 20160610_095709.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160610_095709.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
BITCH WHAT UUUUUP
>>
>>8147377
nice twitter faggot
>>
>>8147377
Would it kill you to fucking clean? Sheesh.
>>
File: 20160610_102504.jpg (3 MB, 5312x2988) Image search: [Google]
20160610_102504.jpg
3 MB, 5312x2988
>>
>>8147452
Could you please throw that fucking owl away? Sheesh.
>>
>>8147416
how would it benefit my individualness?
>>
>>8147377
> I believe in my individuality, even though that's clearly mediated by so many things I can't control and would normally consider to be spooks!
>>
>>8149414

That just show how unorganised your life is
>>
>>8149414
individuality is a spook!
>>
File: 1462899272278.jpg (2 MB, 2988x5312) Image search: [Google]
1462899272278.jpg
2 MB, 2988x5312
>>8149409
lol why? I fucking love that owl. You should see what's on the opposite side of the desk
>>
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 1024x957) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 1024x957
>>8147377
What's up my property
>>
File: ee-reclam.jpg (25 KB, 300x475) Image search: [Google]
ee-reclam.jpg
25 KB, 300x475
>>8147377
>he doesn't own the GOAT reclam edition
>>
>>8147452
>they didn't capitalize the first person pronouns
Dogshit, throw it out OP.
>>
File: captcha.png (4 KB, 303x68) Image search: [Google]
captcha.png
4 KB, 303x68
>>8150393
>Nachwort by Ahlrich Meyer
>GOAT
Fucking no. I bought the same edition but Meyer's contribution is dated as fuck, and when he, in closing, places Stirner alongside the German Vormärz and calls him just another example of 'das Versagen der deutschen Intelligenzija' or something to that effect (I don't have the book near me), it's probably because Meyer still felt too close to WWII, in which light Stirner then was to be placed. Furthermore, any GOAT Stirner edition would have to be annotated to be able to capture the element of satire as well as comment on the etymology of key words such as Geist, Gespenst, and Spuk -- words of diverging etymologies that get treated and translated in many different ways across cultures.
>>
>>8150503
>implying I read afterwords by pretentious sycophants that try to make themselves important and leech off the literary work of others
I don't get what you mean about the annotations though, why do you need those in German?
>>
>>8150503
>I bought the same edition but Meyer's contribution is dated as fuck
Not even that much dated, but simply shit. There are still enough 'Marxists' in Germany who think that Stirner is a proto-fascist and basically repeat the Hans G. Helms line of crass misreading and rabid ideological condemnation. There is an annotated Studienausgabe from a few years back but personally I think it adds a lot.

>>8150592
>I don't get what you mean about the annotations though, why do you need those in German?
Most people will miss a lot of things about the context of Young Hegelian debate. I personally don't think you need to cram all of it into the book itself, I think an accompanying reader's guide would be more helpful, but there's not really a correct reading of Stirner that enjoys any sort of consensus in academia, so I can't see such a guide happening soon. A general rule of thumb for Stirner reception is this: the more wrong a reading is, the more widespread, prevalent and influential it becomes.
>>
>>8150592
Ideally, you should always have a dictionary with etymological entries whenever you read anything, the average German is not different from the average citizen of every other country in the world in that he is probably ignorant of the intricacies you would find hidden there.
As for the element of satire and context, the anon is on point, and I'm 90% percent sure that, when he talks about 'wir Neuen/Alten', it's jabbing at wording you'd find in something like Lessing's Laokoon, for example.
In general I'd say it's philistine to think that you would ever not benefit from an annotated copy.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.