[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finally read pic related, I don;t give a fuck about memes or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: picture-of-dorian-gray.jpg (31 KB, 298x465) Image search: [Google]
picture-of-dorian-gray.jpg
31 KB, 298x465
Finally read pic related, I don;t give a fuck about memes or popularity's inexplicable tendency to cheapen a work's value, this was really good.

Thoughts on it?
>>
>>8145836
5/5 as far as I'm concerned, great prose, fun characters, neat little morality play.
>>
>>8145836
It's absolutely excellent and one of my favourite novellas.
>>
>>8145937
I agree wholeheartedly.
>>
not a bad read. really really really gay. probably the gayest thing ever written. not a bad premise.
"I want to be adored, clever, and suck dicks as often as possible."
Would certainly be better than my life currently.
>>
>>8145836

entry level reddit shit
>>
>>8146001
there are a lot of dudes worshiping and calling other dudes "beautiful" fairly frequently, true.

mainly just everyone glorifying and idolizing, Dorian specifically, I guess.
>>
File: 346f49ad8a[1].jpg (42 KB, 483x600) Image search: [Google]
346f49ad8a[1].jpg
42 KB, 483x600
>>8146001
must be a repressed fag if men admiring each other makes you uncomfortable
>>
>>8145836
A terrific book.
I personally have procured no less than nine large-paper copies of the first edition and had them bound in different colours so that they might suit my various moods when I read them.
>>
>>8146033
ayyyyy
>>
>>8146025
yeaaah, the predatory nature of his admiration seems to be lost on you. it's about being an entitled elite who idolizes the youth and innocence of a beautiful young man who he then currupts for his own amusment.

>predation: the novella: homosexual editon
>>
>>8146056
that was never a topic in the preceding posts
>>
>>8146025
i want to bury my face in his crotch/ass
>>
>>8145836
Why did he feel so guilty?

He was such a little bitch in the closing chapters of the book. That's the only thing that bugged me.
>>
>>8145836
That Breaking Bad scene was a bit too much for me. Rest was pretty good. Made me laugh along and don't give a fuck about women anymore since they prevent us from achieving greatness.
>>
If you interpret Dorian Gray as a morality play you're completely retarded.
>>
>>8147273
What is your interpretation?
>>
>>8145836
if you dont care about memes and popularity of a book you're in the wrong place.
>>
Enjoyed about half of it, but it then became insufferable. All of Henry's witty dialogue can be boiled down to
>`ah, what you think is Blue, is actually...Yellow!'
>bourgeois gasps, etc.
Repeat for the whole book. Also Dorian's fall is so contrived, he hardly does anything wrong but kill the irritating painter.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.