[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright lit, I'm gonna spend 120 dollars on books. Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Alright lit, I'm gonna spend 120 dollars on books. Help me rearrange the ones in the to-get section with the ones in the maybe section, or just leave them as is.

To-Get
Tales of Ordinary Madness by Charles Bukowski
The Temptation to Exist by E. M. Cioran
Queer: A Novel by William S. Burroughs
Junky: The Definitive Text of "Junk" by William S. Burroughs
Howl and Other Poems (City Lights Pocket Poets, No. 4) by Allen Ginsberg
Apocalypse Culture by Adam Parfrey
Wuthering Heights (Penguin Classics) by Emily Brontë
Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
Moravagine (New York Review Books Classics) by Blaise Cendrars
Against Interpretation: And Other Essays by Susan Sontag
La-Bas (Down There) by Joris K. Huysmans

Maybe
Teatro Grottesco by Thomas Ligotti
Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
The Tunnel by William H. Gass
The Sound and the Fury: The Corrected Text with Faulkner's Appendix (Modern Library 100 Best Novels)
The Elementary Particles by Michel Houellebecq
Three Novels: Molloy, Malone Dies, The Unnamable by Samuel Beckett
Maldoror: (Les Chants de Maldoror) (New Directions Paperbook) by Comte de Lautreamont
Beyond Good and Evil by Friedrich Nietzsche
On the Genealogy of Morals and Ecce Homo by Friedrich Nietzsche
The Gay Science (the Joyful Wisdom) (Digireads.com Classic) by Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
The Birth of Tragedy (Dover Thrift Editions) by Friedrich Nietzsche
Technological Slavery: The Collected Writings of Theodore J. Kaczynski, a.k.a. "The Unabomber"
Re/Search: William S. Burroughs, Brion Gysin, Throbbing Gristle by V. Vale
Seven Dada Manifestos and Lampisteries by Tristan Tzara

or add your own suggestion.
>>
bumps for Geneaology
>>
how much are books where you live? $120 for me means 6 books
>>
>>8143643
Amazon. There's book stores in my area but I don't have a car, and even if I did I don't think I'd feel comfortable driving all the way through the city to get to the store on the other side of town, it's a huge trek.
>>
>>8143636
Basic human rights is a meme. Or, as it is often said now, a social construst.

To address the OP post, just buy a e-book reader and download everything.
>>
>>8143755
I have a kindle, I want the books in physical format.
>>
>>8143636
Beckett is a great writer, move him up.

Everything with a title of the form "Against _" is a shitty book.

Houellebecq is a godawful writer.

Why do you need so much Nietzsche at once?

Kaczynski's ISAIF is basically Ellul for plebs who won't read and think about Ellul. Kaczynski himself admits this.
>>
>>8144069
Thank you. I don't necessarily need that much nietzsche at once, I'm just not sure where to start and those are just possibilities.
>>
>>8143636
check betterworldbooks bargain bin... you can get used books for 2.50 a piece and they have a good selection. Recently bought a hardcover M&D, paperback Murphy, paperback Watt, and Hardcover Heart of Darkness for 10 bucks.
>>
>>8143755
They are philosophically not compatible with two men having sex wanting everyone to accept sexual deviance and codify it as the same thing as the basic social unit.
>>
>>8143636
>Muh human rights
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.