[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got some old paperbacks and I'm moving and I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
I got some old paperbacks and I'm moving and I don't have room to take them with me.

What do you think I should do with them? I don't really want to just throw them away.

They're mostly just sci-fi/fantasy and a couple science (layman) books.
>>
>>8141881
Donate them if they're in okay condition.
>>
Take them to the closest library so others would have a chance to enjoy them too.
>>
>>8141888
thats why i want to do, but my local library doesn't accept donations. Any good ideas where to donate them to?

i was thinking if all else fails just to throw them up on freecycle, or craigslist free.

though id prefer to get them into the hands of someone who would enjoy them.
>>
>>8141902
>Doesn't fucking accept books

Damn man I'd love to take your scifi collection. No chance you're in central texas?
>>
>>8141906
no, detroit area, and its only a few books, like 10 maybe.
>>
>>8141912
Is there a community college campus near you? I just assume they all have terrible book collections in their library because mine does.
>>
>>8141935
lol, good idea. ill look into that.
>>
>>8141881
are there charity shops in the US? Over here (UK) i just take my old books over to Oxfam if they are in good quality.
>>
>>8142037
yeah, there are thrift stores and places like the salvation army and stuff like that.

im gonna look around at other near by libraries first to see if any of them accept donations.
>>
Is there a half price books near by?
>>
>>8142037
There's an oxfam bookshop near me and their books are cheap af
>>
>>8141902
Charity shops are more than happy to take anyone's old stuff.
>>
>>8142037
I wish there was an Oxfam shop near me, I hear they tend to have good classics sections, books going for £1 a pop.
>>
>>8141881
Give them to thrift shop, so when I go there I can sing this song while I carry your sci-fi paperbacks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK8mJJJvaes
>>
>>8143880
This tune is bangin'!! Nice beat, I love it when real hip hop like this goes HUGE haha!
>>
>>8143880
>>8143892
Kill. Your. Self.
>>
>>8141902
Is there a used book store around? Perhaps you can donate it or sell it to them? I imagine you won't get a lot of money selling, but if you're simply looking to get rid of them, it shouldn't matter much.
>>
Do what you don't want to do.

Have some fun being naughty.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.