[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reading multiple books at once...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Do you do it? Why? Was any combo particularly good?
>>
i like to have one long book, and a collection of short stories to dip into when i'm not in the mood for it
>>
I read one fiction and one non-fiction at once.
>>
>>8141283
1 fiction 1 non fiction. Or fiction and poetry
>>
>>8141303
>>8141290

i have a decently long commute, so i sort of do both of these - i listen to a non-fiction on my drive, and when i'm at home i read a long fiction interspersed with short stories/short novels/shit people send me
>>
>>8141283
Im not adverse to it, but usually if I get into a book Ill want to just finish it first rather than look at something else.
>>
I read multiple books at a time, usually between 3-6. General category breakdown is 1 contemporary work, 1 classic from some earlier literary movement, 1 work of Jewish fiction, 1 book by a woman, and 1 translated novel or story collection.

There's often overlap between a few of these categories, and I do try to include nonfiction at times, but have a hard time getting into it.
>>
I have a book for home and a pocket sized book for work.

And sometimes I listen to an audio book if I'm not in a position to read openly.

That said, we need to make a return to smaller, denser books. I actively look for old editions of older books because they had no compunction about making a small book and cramming as many words per page as they could, over the same book printed today that's thrice the size and half margin.

My shelf space is valuable, dammit.
>>
I'm doing A Journey to the End of the Night with The Book of Disquiet and i want to kill myself.
Also comboing A Confederacy of Dunces with Gravity's Rainbow. Dank shit.
>>
>>8141352
why do you feel the compunction to do this and not read them in order? too boring?
>>
>>8141378
I'm constantly in the mood for a different kind of narrative, so I just follow my impulse at any given moment, but I do end up finishing most books within two weeks. I can't limit myself.
>>
>>8141363
>I'm doing A Journey to the End of the Night with The Book of Disquiet and i want to kill myself.
what did you expect to happen
>>
>>8141408
you finish like six books every two weeks? are you a hyper-fast reader or you just read a lot? or both?
>>
I generally do one regular book and one comic book at a time.
>>
>>8141283
always. typically one or two non-fiction and one fiction
>>
>>8141468
I'm not a hyper fast reader, but I read alot, and I try to stick to books under 300 pages, though I have a pile 400-800 page books that I want to dedicate a few weeks to this summer.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.