[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is The Castle about bureaucracy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 288x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 288x450
Is The Castle about bureaucracy?
>>
>>8140420
And Freud.
>>
>>8140420
Like all of Kafka's works, it's ultimately about alienation and powerlessness.
>>
Xenophobia in the Czech Republic
>>
It's about my booty
>>
>>8140450
This guy got it right.
>>
>>8140420
http://research.uvu.edu/albrecht-crane/486RKafka/Kundera.pdf

I'm going to start posting this in every Kafka thread, yours has been one too many and has pushed me over the edge
>>
>>8140420
yeah. bogged down in bullshit so the inaccessibility of the very thing we need is life.
>>
it's about lots of stuff
>>
>>8140564
tl:dr; ?
>>
>>8140420

It's not 'about' anthing

>420

that means weed lmao
>>
>>8140688

the Castle is

this world is

See? >Felt? See?
>>
>>8140682
The tl;dr version is: It's too complicated for a tl;dr
>>
>>8140564

fuck thats a good read

ty
>>
>>8140924
I highly recommend all of his non fiction essay collections, they're all of that quality if you're interested in that kind of thing
>>
>>8142008
Is The Art of the Novel any good?
>>
I believe he wrote the trial after being interrogated by his gf and his side ho

The castle takes its setting from the sanatorium he was in when he was slowly dying of spanish flu
>>
>>8140420
It's about more than one single things, but the relations between institutions and individuals is a recurrent theme in Kafka.
>>
>>8140420
Yes. Countryside bureaucracy.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.