[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>In everything we encounter in our lives, its essence precedes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
File: 1459832296215.jpg (15 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1459832296215.jpg
15 KB, 400x400
>In everything we encounter in our lives, its essence precedes its existence. Yet in our consciousness, existence precedes essence.
>“There is only one really serious philosophical problem,” Camus says, “and that is suicide.

I'm tired of feeling that life is meaningless and becoming anything is a trivial pursuit. I want to unlearn.
>>
>>8139798
Your problem is that you made the same mistake every nihilist, absurdist, French fuck made.
You applied the dichtonomy of "meaning/meaninglessness" on the realization that "meaning" itself is not a thing, falsely deducing everything must be meaningless.
The entire idea is false.

Schopenhauer may have been one of the few European philosophers who kinda-sorta resolved their own problem. Je just didn't realize it.
>pic related
>>
>>8139815
>*dichotomy
Uh... I need sleep.
>>
>>8139815
>on the realization that "meaning" itself is not a thing
wut
>>
Disengage yourself from the French obsession with milieu and crypto-positivism

>Germans: What if everything has its own unique essence that unfolds in time?
>French: Yeah but what if everyone really just behaves according to simplistic preordained laws programmed into us and there ain't no freedom???

>English: What if great individuals, striving in the world, are often what pushes humanity forward?
>French: Yeah, but what if every genius is really just a product of his environment??? And there ain't no genius and genius don't real??

>Germans: What if there's a transcendental subjectivity, and we can heighten our existential awareness of it?
>French: Yeah but what if there isn't no "self" and being-in-the-world just means I'm determined and there ain't no "me" and I'm just goo in the Heraclitean river??????????????

>Americans: What if pragmatic self-mastery is the source of an exceptional destiny?
>French: BUT what if there ain't no you so you can't "self"-master because everything is just goo in river

>English: What if we can heal people by helping them establish control over their emotional states, and in their lives more generally?
>French: but WHAT IF people dont even exist and youre really just an aggregate of cultural structures floating around in a cloud of sadness and i'm sad i dont exist

DON'T

READ

FRENCHMEN
>>
fuck philosophy

morbid semantics
>>
File: df.png (133 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
df.png
133 KB, 640x480
>>8139821
but how will i overcome being a piece of shit, my feelings of being a piece of shit, and the philosophical castle i've created to explain why being a piece of shit is okay given everything is meaningless?
>>
>>8139821
It's as if they were just hell bent on using phenomenology the worst way they could come up with.
It's like the philo 101 student who blurts out random radical skepticism at literally everything.
>>
File: 318.jpg (130 KB, 900x750) Image search: [Google]
318.jpg
130 KB, 900x750
>>8139825
Conquer France
>>
>>8139825
you get the fuck over it and live life
>>
>>8139825
Meditations, Walden, Shobogenzo, Epikurus,...
>>
>>8139830
>>8139833
>>8139841
thank u
>>
it's cos u sit in ur fuckin room all day faggot!! get out there and smell the pussay
>>
>>8139820
There is no special meaning to anything.
Only French dudes would manage to turn that into a deficit, as if meaning is missing where there should be any.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.