[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Less than ~10 people on this board have actually read all of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: You_Discussed_Me_Brown_1024x1024.jpg (315 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
You_Discussed_Me_Brown_1024x1024.jpg
315 KB, 1024x1024
Less than ~10 people on this board have actually read all of Shakespeare's works. This is a board of pseuds.
>>
>le stinky english maymay
>>
>>8137159
this board doesn't even have more than 10 people on it

not unlike a good shakey play
>>
>>8137159
Nowhere near all of his plays are worth reading, like half at most. For every Hamlet or King Leer there's five Winters Tale
>>
>>8137229
found the pleb
>>
>>8137308
I've read all of them and I still believe what that guy said.
>>
>>8137159
> not having read all quartos and folios of every play and every single combination published.

Pleb
>>
why would reading all of Shakespeare make someone an intellectual? why would not make them a pseudo intellectual?
>>
>>8137229

>King Leer
>implying Winter's Tale is a bad play

3/10 I replied
>>
>>8137771
Oh go on, tell me how the Winters Play is a decent play, tell us what people will get from reading it
>>
>>8137775

>Winters Play

You're probably trolling since you can't even get the names of the plays right, but I'll bite anyway:

- First half is as dark as they come in Shakespeare
- Anti-tyrannical sentiments; Hermione's eloquent defence
- Autolycus is a great character
- The language of love between Florizel & Perdita in the sheep-shearing:

What you do
Still betters what is done. When you speak, sweet,
I’d have you do it ever; when you sing,
I’d have you buy and sell so, so give alms,
Pray so, and for the ordering your affairs,
To sing them too. When you do dance, I wish you
A wave o’th’ sea, that you might ever do
Nothing but that, move still, still so,
And own no other function. Each your doing,
So singular in each particular,
Crowns what you are doing in the present deeds,
That all your acts are queens.
>>
>>8137229
Actually it's a very important play: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Winter's_Tale#Dildos
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.