[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
James Ellroy slams his critics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault1.jpg (810 KB, 3000x1684) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault1.jpg
810 KB, 3000x1684
"First paragraph of The Cold Six Thousand are as follows: 'They sent him to Dallas to kill a nigger pimp named Wendell Durfee. He wasn't sure he could do it.' If that offends you, fuck you, put the book down. If you think I'm a racist, fuck you, I will not justify myself and say 'I am not a racist' because anyone who would say something like that sounds like Richard Nixon saying 'I am not a crook."
>>
so what?

also >>>/pol/
>>
>>8132379
>I will not justify myself and say 'I am not a racist' because anyone who would say something like that sounds like Richard Nixon saying 'I am not a crook."
He's right, you know.

Now will he do a follow up on his career?
>>
>>8132379
who cares
>>
>>8132379
That's not a paragraph, that's two sentences, James.
>>
Ellroy is a great stylist and to anyone who's actually read his work it's clear he's not a racist, but merely using the language of the era he's writing about in a particularly hard-boiled manner.
>>
>>8132543
I think anyone who can't tell that the narrator emulates the language of the characters ironically is a retard.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.