[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where to start with her work?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: JudithButler2013.jpg (1 MB, 996x1500) Image search: [Google]
JudithButler2013.jpg
1 MB, 996x1500
Where to start with her work?
>>
>her
>>
>to start with her work
>>
>>8132351
first post best post
>>
>her
don't start
>>
>>8132334
Gender Trouble
>>
>>8132334
Gender Trouble maybe, but its basically just an extension of theory established by Lacan
>>
>>8132571
here is a tldr on it

http://www.theory.org.uk/ctr-butl.htm
>>
File: 346346364.jpg (277 KB, 791x600) Image search: [Google]
346346364.jpg
277 KB, 791x600
Switched on Bach is a good start
>>
File: QTeiaeagveas.png (730 KB, 995x724) Image search: [Google]
QTeiaeagveas.png
730 KB, 995x724
>>8132334
Hir pronouns are ze, zir, and hir shitlord.
>>
What a beautiful jawbone she has.

Does anyone have the Butler x Zizek fanfiction ?
>>
File: pull-up.png (547 KB, 686x648) Image search: [Google]
pull-up.png
547 KB, 686x648
>>8132614
good short text

I am a straight male, but I get tired of the male performance:
Acting "like a man" (strong, dominant, assertive, etc. etc.) is, in my experience, the direct boost for a strategy of getting laid.
So given that basic need, I'm kind of tied to play the role. I'm hoping for fake it till you make it, i.e. at one point I'll just naturally do this and that and like it.
But I get really frustrated with the one-dimensional desires of females - the ones that interest me anyway
>>
Start with her comments about 4chan.
>>
Remind me of this mans name.
>>
>>8133304
I:m always a bit surprised to see Foucault linked to queer theory. His works are oddly open to interpretation and his views on gender are ambiguous, reminiscent of Gore Vidal in some ways. But his biopolitics ideas could well feed into a nihilistic law and order conception like Joseph de Maistre, and to that end it is interesting he came to espouse the doctrines of neo liberalism late in life.

>>8133376
I have gotten laid directly due to my poetry and occasional the tendency to wear eyeliner. There are many women in the world and their tastes do not vary as frequently as men's, but they do vary. In my experience, so long as you fit most of the checkmarks for standard attractive features (well-groomed, physically fit, easy going) variation in behavior, aesthetics, etc are almost immaterial.

t. 6'2, 185lbs lol
>>
>>8133548
I'm faily good looking, 29, and completely relaxed with women, so I can get some either way. But I just observe that "leading" actually always improves the situation in terms of getting into bed. With some chicks, whether they are horny or really into you, if you don't act, there would never be a kiss. This is the sense in which I always come back to the very naive gender concepts - I just observe how shit is true to an extend that can't be just be social influence.
That said, I do faggy shit like jogging with a pink tank top and I got a t-shirt with a gender queer flag after I read some butler (and performativity in particular, not just in the context of sex) and I like it. I just feel that if I want success with this and that, I better play along with it and it bothers me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_performativity
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Performativity
>>
>>8133616
go to bed Saunders MacLane. You're washed up and your textbook is not even that good. Aluffi will be the standard in a few years unless D+F 4th edition has better category theory than 3rd (hint: it won't)
>>
>>8133616
I think the leading thing is less gender performance and more crowd psychology. Regardless of context, most people will intuitively follow a lead if presented. Hence the basic salesmanship trick of "assuming the sale", is " so how does next Thursday work? Would Friday be better?"
>>
>>8134539
If it was less about gender, then more women would lead men and "seduce" them. If men are expected to lead the crowd, then even if it were not an expectation regarding sex, it's still a gender performance thing.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.