[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've never read a book. Which book do I start with? I want
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1429506588945.jpg (97 KB, 640x676) Image search: [Google]
1429506588945.jpg
97 KB, 640x676
I've never read a book.

Which book do I start with? I want to read the first one so I am not lost
>>
>>8131461
Finnegans Wake.
>>
>>8131468
this desu
>>
>>8131468
This. Basically the only true entry-level lit.
>>
>>8131468
Only choice, otherwise go to /co/ and ask for some comicbooks
>>
Start with the Greeks faggot.
>>
>>8131461
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Murakami got me back into reading.
>friendly advice from one pleb to another
>>
>>8131461
Just fucking pick up a book that looks interesting to you and read it faggot
Anything that will be recommended to you here will probably be above your level.
>>
Nuns' Chronicles and Convent Culture in Renaissance and Counter-Reformation Italy - K.J.P. Lowe
>>
The Great Gatsby
Short and easy to read, as well as often being considered one of the greatest novels of all time
Alternatively just look up "Greatest books" lists and pick out something the seems of interest to you. Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>8132212
This is a good choice, Murakami is very readable.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.