[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For a place that supposedly worships Harold Bloom you guys don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
For a place that supposedly worships Harold Bloom you guys don't really follow his ways at all.

He loves Shaksespeare. You guys think he's mediocore.
He loves Dickens. You guys think he's shit.
He loves Austen and Dickinson. You guys think they're shit and hate all female writers.
He thinks Pynchon, DeLillo, Cormac McCarthy, and Philip Roth are the greatest living American writers. You guys treat them as memes.
He thinks reading should he about strengthening the self and encountering wisdom and aesthetic beauty. I have no idea what you guys are reading for.
>>
>>8127649
>challenging the hive-mind
>>
It's almost like we can recognize his intelligence and love of literature but respect the fact he has different opinions.
>>
correct
>>
>>8127649
>He loves Austen and Dickinson. You guys think they're shit and hate all female writers.
False.
>>
He's an anti-gun faggot, and uses Blood Meridian as a justification for those beliefs.
>>
>>8127684
In your dreams, shitbird.
>>
>You guys think [Shakespeare]'s mediocore.
the heck
>You guys treat them as memes.
Because we like them
>>
>>8127649

>lit is 7 guys
>>
>>8127649
You're wrong on most points. This board loves Shakespeare, Pynchon, DeLillo, McCarthy, and Roth. I've also never gotten the sense that people here don't like Austen, or Dickinson. The only one I'm not sure about is Dickens. Why did you post this? This is pointless and you seem to not know what you're talking about.
>>
>>8127649

>You guys think they're shit and hate all female writers.

I unironically do think this. So what?

I don't like a single female author. If someone asked me at knifepoint, I'd say that I thought Jane Eyre was okay.

That's it. So what?
>>
>>8127813
this... i'm guessing OP just found lit a few weeks ago. we only meme the ones we love
>>
>>8127833

>I don't like a single female author

What a sad angry world you must live in.
>>
>>8127649
>He loves Shaksespeare. You guys think he's mediocore.

Fuck that, I love Shakespeare
>>
>>8127833
So what? So what? So what? So what? So what? So what? So what? So what? So what? So what? So what? So what? So what? So what?
>>
>>8127665
+1
I've never seen anyone here talk shit about Virginia Woolf, Sylvia Plath, or Flannery O'Connor.
At the end of the day there's a certain degree of skill and literary mastery that can't be dismissed.
>That's where memes come in
>>
>>8127843
how many Shakespeare threads bubble up to the top of the bump order? Like Mozart before him, Shakespeare can never hope to be anything but perpetually underrated because any amount of praise is necessarily a gross understatement.
>>
>>8128759

>I've never seen anyone talk shit about Sylvia Plath

Have you ever been in a Sylvia Plath thread?
>>
Only the retards invading from /pol/ and /r9k/ hate women authors and everyone here loves Shakes, Pynchon, DeLillo, Roth, and McCarthy.
>>
>>8128772
I've actually seen some qualityy Shakespeare threads here... but yeah, hes inevitably underrated. I don't think /lit/ as a whole thinks he's mediocre as OP claims
>>
love shakes

don't love austen or dickens, but i respect them.

mccarthy is a meme. corncobber.
>>
>>8128693
>if you aren't exactly like me, you must live in a sad angry world
you're 4 years old
>>
can someone pls post the mccarthy eggs lunch thing?
>>
>>8128772
It's totally true. I don't know how to talk about the guy because he's truly in a league of his own.
>>
>>8127649
>treat them as memes
As does /lit/ with Harold Bloom

On a side note, I love Austen.
>>
>>8131435
she's so underrated on /lit/
>>
>>8130877
He ate the last of the eggs and wiped the plate with the tortilla and ate the tortilla and drank the last of the coffee and wiped his mouth and looked up and thanked her.
>>
File: heh.jpg (27 KB, 500x465) Image search: [Google]
heh.jpg
27 KB, 500x465
>>8127833

If you think I'd ever like a book by a woman, you're delusional. Even more so if you think that you'll ever change my opinion it. Heh... grow up. Nothing personal, kid.
>>
>>8127819
>this board loves
>delillo
>roth
hold on ther buddy, you're getting carried away
>>
>>8127649
>hate Dickinson

You almost made it through, anon.
>>
>>8130866

>Disqualifying the work of 50% of humans.

Okey-dokey Mr. lit-crit
>>
>>8127833
>Jane Eyre
>not Wuthering Heights or an Anne Bronte book

Just a case of shit taste
>>
>>8127819
I enjoy Dickens social message and I think he made a great episodic writer.

But Dosty did that whole thing better.
>>
>>8127649
It seems more like aren't that familiar with the board.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.