[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /lit/s stance on SCP? Is this literature? Do you like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: SCPWallpaper1680yoredit4.jpg (35 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
SCPWallpaper1680yoredit4.jpg
35 KB, 1024x640
What is /lit/s stance on SCP?

Is this literature? Do you like it? Any favorites?

I have read some of the "logs", found some pretty cool ones, but others were terrible and even had edgy pictures at the start of them for scary purposes, but that just defeats the whole thing and is lame as fuck.
>>
Some are good but most are bad. People try too hard and often create poo.

One weird morning I was reading the SCP website and somehow stumbled onto a massive horrible fanfiction where like 30 of the more famous SCPs escape and jerk each other off in a forest or some retarded bullshit. You could tell a chick wrote it. I somehow got so caught up in reading it that I didn't realise I was reading the worst piece of shit of all time, and I achieved some kind of perfect intuitive Verstehen of some idiot retard 16 year old's mind, and I felt super dissociated and depressed all morning.
>>
>>8121365

I like the one about the Sumerian guy who is locked up in a coffin and exists only to be a killing machine. He's always getting out and going on rampages. It was sort of inspiring in a weird way.

>>8121496

>30 of the more famous SCPs escape and jerk each other off in a forest or some retarded bullshit. You could tell a chick wrote it. I somehow got so caught up in reading it that I didn't realise I was reading the worst piece of shit of all time, and I achieved some kind of perfect intuitive Verstehen of some idiot retard 16 year old's mind, and I felt super dissociated and depressed all morning.

hahaha
>>
"We Need To Talk About Fifty-Five" was a pretty interesting read, series went downhill towards the end though.
>>
I'm only aware of this as some bad video games that Lowtax made fun of
>>
>>8121496
This.

I also really like the basketball game video, where the people in the video become self-aware.
>>
>>8122306
>basketball game video, where the people in the video become self-aware.

whats that one called?
>>
>>8123600
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1733

Disappointed they don't address the viewer. Kind of peters out into bland Satanism-social-experiment cliche.
>>
*takes a dump on a keyboard*

that's how you write a SCP entry
>>
Pure autism.
>>
File: foucault.gif (13 KB, 184x233) Image search: [Google]
foucault.gif
13 KB, 184x233
>>8121496
>One weird morning I was reading the SCP website and somehow stumbled onto a massive horrible fanfiction where like 30 of the more famous SCPs escape and jerk each other off in a forest or some retarded bullshit. You could tell a chick wrote it. I somehow got so caught up in reading it that I didn't realise I was reading the worst piece of shit of all time, and I achieved some kind of perfect intuitive Verstehen of some idiot retard 16 year old's mind, and I felt super dissociated and depressed all morning.

Beautiful
>>
The vast majority of them seem to be written by 12 year-olds for 12 year-olds.
>>
>>8121365

Some of it is good. Most of it is awful.

But what's truly terrible about it all is the fucking clique mentality brought out in the 'members' over there. Seriously, I browsed the comments just to see an explanation of some SCPs, and found a load of kids bickering about how it doesn't match their preconceived view of what is 'allowed', a load of masturbation over a few specific contributors (seriously, there's one called Bright or some shit, literally put himself into it like this untouchable character), and a general air that if they haven't given their approval of a submission, it isn't allowed.

It's a shame, really.
>>
>>8121496
>Verstehen
Trying too hard, breh.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.