[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
trolley problem/lit memes thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3
/his/ has their trolley problem shitpost thread

we have ours
>>
>>8109363
>>
File: choices.png (52 KB, 505x274) Image search: [Google]
choices.png
52 KB, 505x274
>>
Is the point of the trolley problem to highlight that people care more about being unique than doing the right thing? Of course the one guy could be a researcher who's gonna cure cancer and the five people could all be pieces of shit but its likely that none of them matter much ultimately so the morally correct decision (at least as I see it as an American) is to let one person die rather than five. The only 'problem' here is individualism for its own sake
>>
what if you throw yourself in front of the trolley? then you wouldn't have to make the decision. What would that philosophy be?
>>
>>8121850
No, it's the difference between actively participating and killing a man or abstaining, letting five people die.
>>
>>8121827
Does the baseball cap mean it's a black child?
>>
>>8121850
The idea is that it divides opinion somewhat. Do people in general want to maximise life in a kind of utilitarian metric or do they not want to participate in condemning someone to death.

There are obvious parallels here with death sentences and saving drowning people at sea and a whole number of medical situations so it's interesting for that too.
>>
>>8121850
>at least as I see it as an American
post discarded
>retarded americunt against individualism
not surprised
>>
Lit memes? Not just absurd trolley problemos? Ok:
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.