[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are video games the only medium where you can find a job as loremaster?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Untitled.jpg (89 KB, 1259x395) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
89 KB, 1259x395
Are video games the only medium where you can find a job as loremaster? And does this make them the primary /lit/ job market?
>>
>>8120396
professors, teachers and experts in their fields are defacto loremasters of their specialization.
>>
>5k / month for fucking dark souls videos
I mean they're fun, but the lore isn't that fucking deep.
>>
>>8120465
this tbhladdeh. it's just a bit more esoteric/detailed than most games.
>>
>>8120471
How the fuck is it more detailed just because it does shit like using item descriptions to tell the story? Souls story is practically only known in vague broad strokes, but for some reason /v/edditors and manchildren think that makes the story """""""deep""""""" and good. Pure nonsense.
>>
File: mishima.jpg (73 KB, 629x934) Image search: [Google]
mishima.jpg
73 KB, 629x934
What does /lit/ think of SMT in terms of lore and what would they change about it and the mechanics to make it more /lit/?
>>
>>8120501
this.

>le berserk ripoff is so deep guys XD
>>
So is /lit/ just composed of crossposters from /mu/, /pol/, and now /v/ apparently? Jesus fuck
>>
>>8120501
nigga it's not like I was praising it as the deepest video game on the planet, I don't even know that much about the story desu
>>
>>8120501
People think that the dark soul story is good because you actually have to work to understand it. You have to put pieces together and pull at different threads until stuff makes sense. It's an interesting story-telling technique and flows well with the game, which is always mysterious and vague.

Anyway, the real reason why dark souls is deep is because of the world/level design as much as the story.
>>
pretty sure george r r martin hired assistants to keep track of his lore for him because he just made all that shit up as he went along
>>
>>8120516
>Browsing only one board/having only one hobby
>>
>>8120465
not only that, he does not even develop his on theories but he steals them mostly from /vg/ or other sites
>>
>>8120563
wtf seriously?

>>8120580
It's impossible to find enough time to finish the Western Canon if you have other hobbies
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.