[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rhyme theory
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (192 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192 KB, 400x400
Hola, 4chan-migos... Any good books on rhyme theory?, in english or spanish

Pic somehow related
>>
>>8115438
Joyce vs Shakespeare?
>>
>>8115445
Seuss v Shakespeare
>>
>>8115438
Is this "YouTube Month" on /lit/?

if you're attempting to seriously claim that the OP pic could anyhow be somewhat related to anything remotely connected to literature, you need to start rethinking your position effective immediately or else state the time and place of where you wish to fight me barefisted. You fucking retarded summery underage fucking underage retard summer.
>>
>>8115445
kek
>>
>>8115438
What do you want to know that isn't on wikipedia?
>>
>>8115477
Are you drunk?
>>
>>8115720
DEAL WITH HIM HEMMINGWAY
>>
>>8115477
In what universe does an image that says "Epic Rap Battles of History" NOT pertain to books on rhyme theory. Fuck off faggot
>>
>>8115760
in whatever way an image saying "Looking For Alaska" would NOT pertain to books on literary theory
>>
>>8115776
Rapping has to deal with rhyming so there is already a correlation there. Autistic people have trouble seeing patterns and correlations thats probably your problem
>>
>>8115810
>Autistic people have trouble seeing patterns and correlations thats probably your problem

>saying this after having misunderstood my point
>>
>>8115438
There is one book, it's called dictionary
>>
DELETE THIS
>>
>>8115438
Shakespeare kicked the shit out of Seuss. His books are pretty good too.
>>
Does rhyme theory vary much between languages?
>>
>>8118415
Somewhat. What tends to happen is a fee key ideas get developed in one place and they eventually filter through to another, but because languages have differences the underlying mechanics are incompatible. So for example in A Greek poetry you had long and short vowels that created the meter, in English it's relative stress. Further to that certain conventions get very strongly attached (like everything in English is fundamentally iambic pentameter even when it really isn't) and this can bleed through into interpretation of poetry in other languages (e.g. Anglos interpreting Russian poetry have been known to never spot an amphibrach because to them they only see torches substitutions), and certain meters suit some languages better etc etc
>>
Is there such thing as a "best" language for poetry? (considering rhyme and rhytm overall)
>>
File: abouttoblowup.jpg (277 KB, 706x903) Image search: [Google]
abouttoblowup.jpg
277 KB, 706x903
>>8115733
GIVSH ME DER WHISHKY BOTTEL BOY
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.