[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ernest Hemingway
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (324 KB, 2000x1333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
324 KB, 2000x1333
Hi /lit/,

What is your view on the novels and short stories of Hemingway?
>>
He was fat.
>>
His son was a tranny.
>>
His complete short stories, Finca VigĂ­a Edition, is one of my favorite books.
>>
He dances around the boundary of literature and genre fiction quite nicely. I find that it's true what people say about his writing being simple yet also compelling and full of unspoken admissions, which I like.

If there's any qualm I have, it's that his stories seem to revolve around a lot of self insertion on his part. This isn't entirely even a problem seeing as how the stories he wrote were directly based on his own experiences, but for example the romance in FWTBT felt kind of contrived, in a way that suggested there was some degree of wish fulfillment involved, and TSAR felt like a fantasy that one would cook about his friends and secret crushes.

Overall though his books are really fascinating, both in prose and historical context. I like him.
>>
for whom the bell tolls repeatedly slanders literally the greatest heroes who ever lived and it's generally a boring book where people argue in a cave for 400 pages
that's all i know about the dude though
>>
File: 1460544844850.jpg (25 KB, 236x355) Image search: [Google]
1460544844850.jpg
25 KB, 236x355
>>8115294
*BANG*
>>
>>8116405
good post
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.