[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>First act: God is vengeful and angry >Second act: God
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: bible.jpg (224 KB, 1050x1050) Image search: [Google]
bible.jpg
224 KB, 1050x1050
>First act: God is vengeful and angry
>Second act: God is an omnibenevolent goody2shoes

...so what's with the retcon?
>>
written one thousand years later probably when violence was more controlled under roman laws or whatever
>>
The NT is Hebrew Bible fan fic

I've been seriously studying Bible as a Jew for my entire life and fuck do I hate any time Christians try to interpret "Old Testament"
>>
>>8114591
The first act is a heavily revised history of the Jews designed to promote nationalism and cohesion amongst them.

The second act is a set of documents deemed important by the members of a cult surrounding a Jewish guru who those attached to the story and intent of the first act considered a subversive liar.
>>
The Ancient Aliens that created God didnt like the results of the Finno-Korean Hyper War, so they cracked down on humans for a while
>>
>>8114591
Marcion's God was not Yahweh. Later, there was a merger.
>>
File: ayoo.gif (4 MB, 158x223) Image search: [Google]
ayoo.gif
4 MB, 158x223
>>8114595
>implying rabbinical judaism with its talmud fanfic is any better
Daily reminder that you are the synagogue of Satan.
>>
File: 1463538054171.png (56 KB, 223x226) Image search: [Google]
1463538054171.png
56 KB, 223x226
>>8114623
>implying the Bible itself does not allude to an Oral law
>implying the people who wrote/received the book aren't the most qualified to understand it
>implying Christianity has any real theological relationship to Judaism so that it can use its holy book legitimately
>>
>>8114602
Concise two-sentence summary of the situation.
>>
>>8114632
You mean the oral law that Jesus denounced repeatedly?

Do you also think you're obligated to vote for Hillary because "she's like so qualified"?

That last point is too stupid for words.
>>
>>8114632
>implying the people who wrote/received the book aren't the most qualified to understand it

you were born 3000 years ago in a desert?
>>
>>8114667
Oh for fuck's sake - can we stop the ageism and xenophobia for 5 minutes to have an actual discussion? Damn.
>>
>>8114675
>he comes on 4chan for actual discussion
wew lad
>>
>>8114675
When you leave tumblr to browse here don't bring tumblr with you
>>
>>8114591
God is tsundere
>>
Gnostic Christians believe that the God in the Old Testament is the evil creator God and that the god that Jesus talks of is the all good unknownable God that is nirvana. My free ebook deals with this idea. It is call Seeking Sophia by Adam R. Shipley and is on smashwords.com
>>
>>8114681
>>8114683
*whoosh*
>>
>>8114632
>implying your collection of third and sixth century scribblings is in any way closer to the Old Testament than the New Testament is to it.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.