[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you agree that the only way for sincerity to manifest itself
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1462139513794.jpg (185 KB, 600x797) Image search: [Google]
1462139513794.jpg
185 KB, 600x797
Would you agree that the only way for sincerity to manifest itself in our current cultural climate is paradoxically masked as irony?

In other words, is post-irony the only way for new sincerity to flourish?
>>
>>8102655
>in our current cultural climate
Do you mean in youtube and facebook comment sections, in uni small group discussion, or in real life.
>>
>>8102655
kys postmodernist pseud
>>
>>8102655
people need to stop with the sincerity meme

There was never an actual sincere culture

Read "The Praise of Folly" and stop with this crap

Irony, sarcasm and insincerity has been a constant in society
>>
>>8102674
You wouldn't even consider the amounts of each to fluctuate along with cultural changes?
>>
>>8102706
why would they?
moving from one delusion to another is sufficient
>>
>>8102780
I would imagine some cultural contexts to lead to more irony, like 90's NYC vs Israel during the first crusade or something.
>>
>>8102655
Initially, sure, but relevant examples of post-irony in 2016 are much more abundant and take themselves mre seriously than they were five years ago. That will only continue I imagine (or something big will happen)
>>
>>8102655
>>8102664
>>8102667
>>8102674
>>8102706
>>8102780
>>8102812
>>8103963

just making sure everyone knows that the insult is saying someone has a "false sense of entitlement" or

"they think they're entitled"

saying someone is entitled when theyre not is not real !!!!!

and ppl just say it so much i hate this planet
>>
is the sjw pc movement a push for sincerity?
>>
>>8104022
who knows and who cares
>>
>>8102655
Lord this might be the most pretnesious shill-tier crap i've seen on this board.
>>
>>8103963
>but relevant examples of post-irony in 2016 are much more abundant and take themselves mre seriously than they were five years ago
could you name some examples?
>>
Every sincerity leads to a lie which is sincere.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.