[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's his best and why? I've read The Crying of Lot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: MTE5NDg0MDU1MTA2OTEzODA3.jpg (88 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NDg0MDU1MTA2OTEzODA3.jpg
88 KB, 1200x1200
What's his best and why?

I've read The Crying of Lot 49 and Inherent Vice, not sure where to go next
>>
Gravity's Rainbow because he wrote before he zapped his mind to mush with twenty years of nothing but weed and Bugs Bunny cartoons.
>>
>>8102599
You clearly haven't read any of Pynchon's later works
>>
>>8102507
Against the Day

Because it's so much Pynchon that you're actually on the verge of asking the question if he is writing a parody on himself.

Apart from that the period in which the novel takes place is great for a mixture of science fiction and adventure with a good dash of the literary.
>>
>>8102599
I haven't really observed any change between old Pynchon and new Pynchon
>>
>>8102507
Vineland is his best work, so that. Only Pynchon I've read more than twice.
>>
>>8102715
Glad to see there's fellow Vineland lovers here
>>
mason and dixon is his best piece. followed by gravity's rainbow. then against the day. then V. then what ever you want to be honest with you.
>>
>>8102803
I'm in the middle of it now and I'm pleasantly surprised, everyone says it's his worst book but I like it better than some of his more recent ones
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.