[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm only able to read On The Road while on speed. actually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
I'm only able to read On The Road while on speed.

actually speed makes reading anything better.

does the rest of /lit/ liked to get fuck'd up while readin books?
>>
>>8101710
reading while baked makes it easier to focus, makes the images a lil more vivid in my head.

Reading while on acid is... interesting.
>>
>>8101710
>>8101747
>i need drugs to enjoy literature

Embarrassing.
>>
>>8101747
Reading on acid is just crazy. My last trip, 250 mics of acid and 20mg of MXE, had the letters surrounding the one I was reading coming off the page and dancing about. I kept thinking the illusion would break down and I'd either be unable to read or back to normal but it never did.
>>
>>8101756
*tips*
>>
>>8101756
have you tried to read on the road before?
>>
>>8101831
Of course not. Such druggie degenerate "literature" is beneath me.
>>
>>8101710

>does drugs

>makes post about the road

you give Kerouac a bad name.
>>
File: 1451089120444.png (12 KB, 1821x1276) Image search: [Google]
1451089120444.png
12 KB, 1821x1276
>>8101920
FUCK OFF JUNKIE DEGENERATE!!!

/lit/ is a StraightEdge board your disgusting degeneracy is not welcome here.
>>
if you got off adderall, and just made a concerted prolonged daily effort to read novels, you would be much better off (not addicted to drugs, not using drugs as a crutch).

I know that feel, but ultimately it's like you're going to be using 100% of your brain reading on your adderall peak for an hour, then you come down become retarded and exhausted the next 20 hours. Whereas you might start off using 60 percent of your brain reading sober at first but the next novel you'll be at 70 percent then 80 then so on and your intelligence won't be fluctuating.

You're not yourself any favors. Getting stoned and reading is ok, it's not especially self destructive and gives the novel some musical qualities, but it destroys your retention. Almost better to save the drugs for afterwards and just think on it then.
>>
>>8102739
Yeah if i read stoned I have to re-read it after sobering up cus I lose track of the narrative. Although it is fun. Honestly just read poetry while stoned. I was reading Yeats the other night while stoned as fuck and it was so atmospheric and creepy that I got freaked out and had to stop.
>>
>>8102833

I take notes no matter when I read, but when stoned I take notes in green ink. Helps quite a bit.
>>
>>8102833
agreed that reading poetry stoned is great
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.