[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I am French Canadian and I resent the way DFW has depicted us
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 6759.jpg (33 KB, 306x475) Image search: [Google]
6759.jpg
33 KB, 306x475
I am French Canadian and I resent the way DFW has depicted us in his novel <<Infinite Jest>>. Do not read this bouquin.
>>
>>8101391
>reading meme books

white upper-middle class college undergrad cuck detected
>>
can someone explain the whole french people America thing from this book. I didn't get it
>>
youre not a frog-canadian if you use the word bouquin
>>
As with most things DFW depicted, he had no working knowledge nor insight into it.

Don't take it seriously. Nobody else does.
>>
>>8101391

you know I've always wondered about this and whether he actually gets or loses points for that.
>>
>>8101391
If you're really «French Canadian», why don't you know how to use guillemets correctly?
>>
Kind of wonderstruck at how OP has actually proven Wallace's point. Impressive really.
>>
>>8101391
in case you can't tell almost everything in the book is over the top. I am a Canadien too and I do not share the same views as you OP
>>
File: 2342.jpg (17 KB, 550x445) Image search: [Google]
2342.jpg
17 KB, 550x445
>mfw Gilles Duceppe gets brought up
>>
>>8102415
Seriously though. His attempts to inject scientific drug stuff in his book was cringy. I feel reading dfw is like reading a newspaper. You can go along with anything it says unless it's something you actually know about, then you think "this journalist has no fucking clue". T then you go on nodding to the rest of the paper
>>
Funny how Quebecois manage to be even more irrelevant than Canadians and French people combined.
>>
when are we going to remove this from the meme trilogy?

It's an insult to Gravity's Rainbow and Ulysses, I vote we replace it with Darconville's Cat.
>>
>>8102480
This (I'm from Ontario, i.e. legitimate Canada) - OP is essentially reinforcing some kind of French Canadian exceptionalism.

All in all, IJ is a fine book. OP is basically just an idiot with nothing to say.
>>
Fuck frogs, desu
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.