[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: good autobiographies from surprising people.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4
ITT: good autobiographies from surprising people.
>>
>>8100158
The only time i will ever say i love mankind is in reference to the wrastler. Hes a fucking boy and a half
also inb4 my beautiful dark twisted world by ellie rodgies
>>
I've read this book more times than I'd care to admit. It's so god damn enjoyable.
>>
His children's books are surprisingly good too. One would have the Rock's stiff chairshots would have turned his brain into mush
>>
>>8100158
i remember buying this when it came out

wonder if i'd still enjoy it now
>>
Mick Foley on Nietzsche

https://youtu.be/VcLiu2AaprY?t=2m18s
>>
>>8101186
>>8100158
It was a surprisingly good account of an intelligent autist with a high pain threshold.

The end of the book veres into WWF cinema though. The misery of working for WCW and Japanese hardcore wrestling while having a wife and kid are the best part.

Also, the scene where he tries to show up the doctor by asking why one of his vertebra is off color, and being told its the only one that is the correct color is pretty solid writing, as evidenced by the fact that I remember it after like 12 years.
>>
George Carlin 'last words'

first book I read cover to cover in one sitting
>>
>>8101209
In the book he says that that match showed that Undertaker was the greatest wrestler on the roster, as he was basically paralyzed after that fall, but went on literally carried by Undertaker for like 20 more minutes.
>>
File: holly-madison-453.jpg (101 KB, 435x580) Image search: [Google]
holly-madison-453.jpg
101 KB, 435x580
Pretty great. The horrors of a dilapidated playboy mansion and a decrepit hugh dictating orgies of disinterested backstabbing whores by playing them off themselves for money and love under a strict totalitarian regime is fascinating.
>>
>>8101220

I've been meaning to read that for a long time.
>>
This book was good and surprisingly sad. Tyson admires the Greeks and Romans and quotes from them a lot. He would fit in on /lit/.

Also, he had gonorrhea when he fought Berbick for the WBA champion title. He got an antibiotic shot, which is why he was sweating like a pig throughout this fight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-m_vjYW29A
>>
Errol Fynn's autobio is good.

It's kind of like reading a Charles Bukowski novel, if Henry Chinaski was replaced by a flamboyant rich actor given to telling tall stories.
>>
>>8100158
Read this last year and loved it, might be the most entertaining and funny book I've read.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.