[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/ what is the best order to read the KJV? I was thinking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1463815537442.jpg (33 KB, 488x563) Image search: [Google]
1463815537442.jpg
33 KB, 488x563
Hey /lit/ what is the best order to read the KJV? I was thinking of reading it back to front normally. Would this be a bad move? I've seen a lot of Bible reading plans but they seem to leave out large sections of it in favour of choice parts only.
>>
>>8099636

>back to front normally

whoops

front to back normally**
>>
>>8099636
>needing help with how to read a book

pls go back to your anime and 'vidya'

>>>/r9k/
>>>/a/
>>>/pol/
>>>/lgbt/
>>
File: 1369812146082.jpg (41 KB, 250x317) Image search: [Google]
1369812146082.jpg
41 KB, 250x317
>>8099642

I don't play video games, nor do I watch anime. I'm actually a reader, I just haven't gotten around to reading this yet and it's beyond time.

Stop this memekid shit; it's pointless.
>>
>>8099647
Start with the pre-Socratics
>>
>>8099653

>translations

We can do this meme shit all day. Don't bother posting if you can't give me any info. I just want to go into this with accurate info. That is hardly a cause for shitposting.
>>
>>8099647
Read either the new testament or old testament with the yale open courses and their associated texts, easily piratable.

I would also suggest The New Oxford Annotated Bible with Apocrypha: New Revised Standard Version 4th ed. Edition

and Bart Ehrman's introduction to the new testament which is not one of his pop histories
>>
Does /lit love Peter Hitchens? Is that PH pictured.

>yes
correct

>no

PH would respect your right to say so.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.