[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k Novels
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Cadians.jpg (62 KB, 774x530) Image search: [Google]
Cadians.jpg
62 KB, 774x530
Well /lit I need some help

What are some good Warhammer 40k novels? Perhaps more or less focused on the Imperial Guard or life in the Imperium.

It may sound like a strange suggestion, but I want a "human" novel, if that makes any sense.

Thanks guys.
>>
>>8099199

I only read the Eisenhorn obmnibus by Dan Abnett, but that was a pretty entertaining read
>>
>>8099206
So I'm going to guess it was a good read?
>>
Warhammer fantasy too!

New to franchise but the new game has inspired me
>>
Art of the Deal, by Donald J Emporer
>>
>>8099753
gay meme /pol/
>>
>>8099920

Crippled Imperium
>>
>>8099199
all the dan abnett first tanith novels
>>
>>>/b/ooks
>>
>>8099230
WH fantasy is simply not as good as 40k, Warhammer is ALL about the aesthetic, there is very little man beneath the mask so to speak. They're trying to make it 'more serious' which is hilarious, sad, misguided, ridiculous, and many other adjectives. The core of Warhammer was a fantasy world that is so fucking horrific that it crosses over into absurdity and humor.

Also WH fantasy has been eviscerated by new editions even worse than 40k. Kislev and Chaos Dwarves aren't even supported in the new editions. The new 'replacement game' even has fucking alliances instead of races and only has four of them. I'm still pissed about them dumping Squats in 40k too. If they ever come back it'll probably be as some shitty ancillary unit in one of the 50 different Imperium factions.

Also the game is kind of shit

>no lizardmen
>no ogre armies
>no chaos dwarves
>no tomb kings
>no elven faction at all, not even wood elves
>Kislev uses empire units
>chaos is a nonfactor to all of the playable races, basically no daemon units available
>>
/tg/ is probably the go-to guys for this.

On the Imperial Guard you wanna check out Abnett's books, as another anon mentioned.

The Night Lord triology by Aaron Dembski-Bowden is very good (as in, by 40k novel standards), can definitely recommend.

>>8102270
While I agree that Age of Sigmar is shit, both in fluff and gameplay, it's not true that there are no ogres, lizardmen, or elves, they're just re-named.

Ffs wood elves (or sylvaneth or w/e they are named now) are getting new models next month.
>>
>>
File: 51IoqQZPDrL.jpg (41 KB, 302x500) Image search: [Google]
51IoqQZPDrL.jpg
41 KB, 302x500
>>8099199
>focused on the Imperial Guard
>>
>>8099199
ask reddit
>>
Love the Warhammer U, came to it through novels at a used book store. First book I read was Horus Heresy 17 Know No Fear. That novel opened with he chaos marns crashing a ringed space station onto a planet! First novel I read with that scale of destruction. Shit, the space station was the opening move.

I recommend Horus Heresy even though its spinning its wheels and we will neverhave the battle of terra of the fall of the emperor in book form. Also Gaunts Ghosts man. That shit gets under your skin, you feel for the Tanith and Vergahst. Oh, and fuck Lijah Cuu.
>>
>>8099206
Excellent book
>>8099753
Praise the Emporer
>>
>>8099199
Titanicus

The Cain books

The Space Wolf Saga is pretty good
>>
I've read a number and these are the ones I'd actually recommend in order of quality

Eisenhorn
Gaunts Ghosts
Gotrek and Felix
Space Wolf
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.