[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Carl Jung legit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
Is Carl Jung legit?
>>
>>8096785
for psych, it's the long way round
for lit, yeah
>>
>>8096785
Yep.
>>
>>8096785
Sigmund Shlomo Fruad's bitch
>>
>synchronicity
>so like, whoa, what if you're like, get this, listening to a song on the radio and then you call your friend and he's like listening to the same song?

You can save yourself a lot of time and avoid the same mistakes as taking Freud too seriously by just reading Joseph Campbell, any of his ideas as applied to /lit/ or myths or all there without being overly fanciful and he more directly applies them to literature. And as a sweet bonus Campbell's a pocket Joyce scholar so you can tackle two birds with one stone.
>>
>>8096785
fuck yeah
Jung's thoughts about psychology, literature, dreams, myths and art are completely based. He's pretty much my hero.
>>
also inb4 the navajo jungian dude shows up
>>
File: gook.png (849 KB, 580x882) Image search: [Google]
gook.png
849 KB, 580x882
Yes.
Here's Bollingen's Collected Works of C. G. Jung series in retail epub for all the fanz.

http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/GgjVgsZo/file.html
>>
>>8096831
what books by campbell do you recommend?
>>
>>8096785

Anyone dabbling with the occult is.
Materialists are boring and only have chimpouts and epicureanism to offer.
>>
>>8096919
Absolutely this. Jung's alchemy work is fantastic.

Read Psychology and Alchemy if you're interested.
>>
>>8096919
Too bad "magic" doesn't work and science does, jackass.
>>
File: 1463774090806-1.jpg (17 KB, 149x255) Image search: [Google]
1463774090806-1.jpg
17 KB, 149x255
Yes.

Proof:

When you see pic related, you immediately think of....?
>>
No.
His theories are beautiful and elegant but they are still fictional junk with no practical uses.
>>
>>8097232

Greatness.
>>
>>8097232
Myself :^)
>>
>>8097260
>dat self steem

Good for you anon.
>>
>>8097232
Trump
>>
>>8096905
Not him but Hero With A Thousand Faces is an absolute must-read. If you really take the time to digest what he's saying its mind-blowing.
>>
>>8097232
the transcendental sublime
>>
>>8097232
Benis
>>
>>8096785
He was real, anon.
>>
>>8097228
ill fight you
>>
>>8097232
Trump.
>>
>>8097232
Trump.
>>
>>8097232
King Lear
>>
>>8097232
Emperor Green
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 427x458) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 427x458
>>8097232
HOL UP
>>
The Portable Jung is a great collection of some of his work. It makes you realize what a power-trip hungry autist Freud was as well
>>
>>8097232
Hol Horse
>>
>>8097952
is it like portable jung > man and his symbols> then his other works until mysterium and then red book?
>>
>>8097251
Your junk has no practical uses
>>
>>8097232
What were we supposed to learn from this?
>>
>>8097982

I havent read anything apart from portable Jung, so cant answer that. But the Viking book portable series or whatever make great compilations from what Ive seen
>>
Where do I go with him after I finish Man and His Symbols?
>>
>>8099461
How 2 be trolled
>>
>>8096785
good grief no, he was a massive quack
he also believed some weird stuff about magic and UFOs
>>
>>8096785
>Is Carl Jung legit?
i heard he was transphobic because he didn't think that gender is a social construct
>>
>>8100386
Congratulations, kitty, ya played yourself. Jung was the kind of man that fixed people from having mental problems regardless of identity or gender.

Also, why do you always use an archetype 'kitty' on this board, if you do not mine me asking
>>
>>8100402

>responding sincerely to such an obvious shitpost

sup reddit
>>
>>8100407
I'm not reddit, but thank you for the silly (You) , hhehhehh *slaps knee*

Reddit, what a site I am implied to be. (I better not go there, and hate it.)

(I better not fall for shit posts)
>>
>>8100402

i have read recently (was pointed by reading this board btw) that jung considered the state of 'anima [or animus] possession' as undesirable which should be prevented. considering that anima it's by jung the inner woman in any man and animus is the inner man in any woman and those should be "forced into the inner world" it means he clearly didn't believe in the modern theory that the gender is merely an artificial social construct which can be changed voluntarily, at least if i understood him properly

i'm not sure you use the term archetype correctly/
>>
>>8100437
Youre wrong. Or whoever told you or pointed that was wrong. (Coehlo fan here)

Archetypology is an unconcious thing based on animals. Everyone does it at some point in there life, whether it be fantasizing that they are like an owl animal (le iluminati) or a shark or a freebird or what have you.

Kitties are cute IMO, but they always keep people distant. Shame.
>>
>>8100410

>damage controlling this hard

lol

you fell for an obvious shitpost so hard you actually said "ya played yourself". deal with it and move on damn m8.
>>
>>8097232
I don't get it..., are you referencing Emperor has no Clothes? Cause that's what I saw and it has nothing to do with Jung
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.