[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literary Adaptations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
What are some good lit based films?

Pic related
>>
File: mouchette_01.jpg (43 KB, 470x263) Image search: [Google]
mouchette_01.jpg
43 KB, 470x263
Inherent Vice is as good an approximation of a rich prose-sylist novel that we're gonna get.

Novels that are able to work as stories through translating their concrete imagery from language to film work better, something like Mouchette or One Flew. Even the best directors have trouble making films from novels beloved for their stylish prose, especially modern ones: see Kubrick's adaptation of Lolita.
>>
>>8095656

Thanks, gotta say I hated the film Inherent Vice. Seen Lolita. Will check out Mouchette.
>>
>>8095606
Kubrick
>>
>>8095749
He's great, but seen 'em all
>>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0192718/ is quite good. Definitely recommend it.
>>
>>8095606
2001: A Space Odyssey
A Clockwork Orange
American Psycho
No Country for Old Men
Lolita(the 90's on w/ Jeremy Irons is best imo)
Battle Royale
Submarine(the movie couldn't be further from the book)
The Elephant Man(based on historical biographies. Also debilitatingly sad)
>>
>>8095776
>No Country for Old Men
C Mac wrote it as a film, but when he was told to take a hike, he turned it into a novel.
>>
>>8095789
and then they made a movie based on that novel>>8095776
>>
>>8095799
I didn't mean to quote myself there but feel free to admire my dubs
>>
>>8095776
>1997 Lolita is the best

You are brain-dead. That movie is saccharine, sentimental trash. Did you totally miss the subtext of the novel? It isn't a story of doomed romance, it's a flowery illustration of the gymnastics of a delusional paedophile's mind. Kubrick's adaptation comes much closer to the tone of the novel, and that's saying something considering how far it diverges from the source text. You're one of those people who jacks off to the fantasy of a 'nymphet' aren't you?
>>
I've seen anons here meme over Do Androids Dream..., but I think Blade Runner is a much more impressive work of art than the book is.
>>
adaptation
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.