[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The only thing that really counts in a man is his get-up-and-go.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: O_OscarDelPozo_Mishima_1.jpg (319 KB, 1202x1600) Image search: [Google]
O_OscarDelPozo_Mishima_1.jpg
319 KB, 1202x1600
>The only thing that really counts in a man is his get-up-and-go. If he's got get-up-and-go he's a real man, and those are the kind of men we need here on Uta-jima. Family and money are all secondary.

w-what did he mean by this
>>
>>8095336
it means youre not a man
>>
File: 1461539157724.jpg (2 MB, 2284x1151) Image search: [Google]
1461539157724.jpg
2 MB, 2284x1151
>>8095336
I didn't really like "Sound of Waves".
A bit too pat/saccharine/cutesy. Of all the full-length stuff I've read by him, it felt the least like Kimitake-kun.
>tfw no weeb gf
>>
>>8095628
>gf
nu-male
I've got about 4 inches of hot, hard get-up-and-go and I'm not wasting it on some female.
>>
>>8095336
All I want is to see his dick. :^(
>>
File: Be a hero.jpg (116 KB, 1000x764) Image search: [Google]
Be a hero.jpg
116 KB, 1000x764
>Read Sun and Steel for /fit/ tips
>Get enlightenment instead
>>
> tfw fat
im nor gonna make it, mishima senpai...
>>
>>8095628
I liked how distinct it was from the other works of Mishima that I've read. i enjoyed not feeling like garbage for once!
>>
>>8095336
Is he talking about willpower, as in not being a procrastinating bitch and waiting forever to do something?
>>
>>8095641
>4 inches
kek dicklets when will they learn
>>
>>8095336
danger and play is what women are and want [they want play] and men want women, but only because women are the ultimate danger and play thing. This is nice, but you can reach a life beyond this.

once you understand that men are not meant to be as good hedonist as women, you first acknowledge the superiority of women at the hedonistic life (which is just called life by men and women) and you see the misery of hedonism, either the direct hedonism of the woman, or the nihilistic fantasy of the delayed hedonism of the man [the one that men advocate for, the one about engaging yourself into challenges after challenges, seeking merit, pursuing your passions, in one word still clinging to entertainment (typically to attract women sooner or later) to better turn away from their impotency at the hedonistic life..] created by men once they get beat by women.
Once you see the game as well as the noneffective masculine life, you lose faith in hedonism. At this point, you either see the solution or not {Nietzsche did not see it, or rather he did not claim explicitly that he saw it]: you strive to do the exact opposite of hedonism (either the masculine one or the feminine one): first you stop being nihilistic, in accepting what you are (it is crucial to be sincere about the starting point], meaning a worm, and in stopping to analyze the past to get a better future (= the strategy of men, which remains inside hedonism (even though they claim that it is not, and in practice is is clearly not), but even more nihilistic than the feminine hedonism, once they are beaten by women] and in stopping to take what you desire, feel and think seriously [=the hedonism of the woman, and the fueling of this hedonism by men].

Women are wrong for having faith in what they desire, in thinking that this is relevant to ones life
they are a bit wrong to let men spend their life trying to serve women

Men are wrong to try to play with women, which is just serving women
men are wrong, after being defeated, to be resentful towards women
men are wrong to think, after being defeated, that the solution is to be even more nihilistic than women

The lack of efficacy of the masculine life leads to a narcissism (contrary to men), but without egotism (contrary to women), a more equanimous and benevolent stance towards what is desired, felt and thought. At this point, you stop looking at hedonism of the body [=the feminine hedonism], turn towards hedonism of the soul [what religious call it], spirit, consciousness [what buddhists call it] [=the hedonism of the mild ascetic, the hedonism that most men fail to see and the one that women love to think that they embody (women love to think that they are not as egotistic as they are, that they embody a humanist stance)] and then you understand that even this is doomed to be disappointing, so you refuse it until you stop caring about this one too.
>>
>>8097563
this was really a lot of nothing and i read it really carefully as it seemed like you were going somewhere
in order to make your thinking clear to yourself, i suggest writing what you mean in one sentence. i will be surprised if you come up with something not obvious
>>
>>8097578
yeah this

>>8097563
trying too hard to sound smart
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.