[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw you will never know everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (11 KB, 236x229) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11 KB, 236x229
>>
>>8092648
But I already do
>>
>>8092648
"I want, once and for all, not to know many things. Wisdom requires moderation in knowledge as in other things."

~ Freddy the 'Stache
>>
read this as

>tfw you will never know anything
>>
>>8092700
Nobody really knows anything.

Certainty is the mark of the fool.
>>
>>8092705

>paradoxes for toddlers
>>
>Caring about the What and not the Why
>>
>>8092684
Wow, never thought of the Neet as a virtue ethicist
>>
>>8092705
Nobody said anything about "certainty", cockrider.
>>
>>8092853
Although no one used the word certainty before that guy's post, I'd like to see you distinguish knowledge and certainty for me.
>>
It means that there will be alway more to know.
The pont is to enjoy the ride not to tick all boxes and "getting the job done" like an autist.
>>
>>8092863
Knowledge is true belief attained through a reliable process.

Certainty is a psychological attribute of a believer, indicating a subjective sense of indubitability and a consequent willingness to take any betting odds on a given proposition.
>>
>>8092903
Nice
>>
File: 1422729479104.png (134 KB, 624x434) Image search: [Google]
1422729479104.png
134 KB, 624x434
>>8092648
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.