[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Books that no on here has actually read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: ulysses.jpg (342 KB, 761x1169) Image search: [Google]
ulysses.jpg
342 KB, 761x1169
ITT: Books that no on here has actually read
>>
>>8087865
I've read it twice.
>>
>>8087865
I just purchased it today. I wonder how long it'll take me to get through.
>>
>>8087865
If this is bait, decent. If serious go back to where ya came from guy
>>
>>8087870
You won't get through it.
>>
>>8087865
Loads of people here (inc. me) have read it. projecting much?
>>
>>8087886
Why not?
>>
Should I read it even if I don't understand a single sentence
>>
>>8087921
He's memeing. It's hard, but not that hard.
>>
>>8087952
your dick is hard
>>
>>8087928
Yes, then go to people online who explain it. Then reread it. Then cry over how stupid the experience was. You won't even want to gloat about it to people afterwards.
>>
>>8087865
>ITT: Books that OP hasn't actually read

FTFY
>>
File: Farts.jpg (990 KB, 918x1513) Image search: [Google]
Farts.jpg
990 KB, 918x1513
This is one of these books that is a waste of time. You could read several economics, history, politics books in the time it takes you to read this babble.

This fart sniffing lunatics book has no value beyond making people feel high and mighty.
>>
>>8087868
>>8087875
>>8087896
>>8087964
Why lie on an anonymous imageboard? If you actually did sit through this whole book you'd be gloating to your friends about it.

Oh wait....
>>
>>8087965
Thanks for demotivating me.
>>
>>8087965
Kill yourself. I'm not even memeing.
>>
what's the point of reading books full of thoughts when you can just sit and think for hours
>>
>>8088010
if you really got demotivated by that memer you deserve what you get
>>
>>8087865
>they just fucking have the last page right there on the front cover
Fuck this designer, seriously
>>
>>8088024
You know what? I'm going to try this.
>>
>>8087865

I read this book in the winter of 2012. The first 100 or so pages was the hardest to get through in my opinion; the Telemachus section with Kinch. Sure there were confusing bits later on, but by that point I was already committed and it was overall a really enjoyable book. I remember getting a few minor chubs in the Circe part. There's a lot of social/historical context that's not that apparent to readers a hundred years later so getting an annotated version always helps. The book in the OP has tiny, blurry type. Also read Dubliners and Portrait first for that immersive feel.

My favourite episode was the Sirens.
>>
>>8088024
after you've been alone in your thoughts for long enough it's nice to read somebody else's mind.
>>
I'm just getting in to Irish literature like the pleb I am, but by the time I'm done maybe I'll have had fun. I just ordered Graveyard Clay and I've already got the collection of Joyce and I'm looking into Flann O'Brien so I'm really excited.

Any /Irish/ here having read Cre Na Cille in Irish and English, by chance? It only recently got translated and what I've read about it has the translation as very good.
>>
>>8088095
go blow up a car you drunkard potatofaggot
>>
>>8088100
I'm from Alabama though
>>
>>8088004
Why would gloat about reading a book
>>
>>8088109
why read otherwise?
>>
File: 1287267120796.jpg (55 KB, 268x265) Image search: [Google]
1287267120796.jpg
55 KB, 268x265
>>8088117
>>
>>8088105
I'm not him, but it still applies desu. Maybe even more than it does in Ireland now.
>>
>>8088164
It sure did with that national championship win for like 2 months.
>>
>>8088033
It doesn't matter though...
>>
>>8088077
its called meditating
>>
>>8088191
I don't believe in magic.
>>
I read it 2 times. AMA.
>>
>>8087965
I'd argue that Finnegans Wake is a waste of time, but Ulysses is a great work of literature.
>>
>>8088378
I actually mean this when I say it. I want you to kill yourself. Please do it soon.
>>
There's an online /lit/ society of intellectuals that started with the intent of reading and discussing this book, and is still in the process of reading it.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.