[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Doré Satan.jpg (792 KB, 950x1077) Image search: [Google]
Doré Satan.jpg
792 KB, 950x1077
What is the best edition to begin reading Milton's Paradise Lost? What are its merits?
>>
What's a book you would recommend to someone who's gone through almost all of the /lit/ starter kit and enjoyed none of it?
>>
File: twilight.jpg (24 KB, 331x500) Image search: [Google]
twilight.jpg
24 KB, 331x500
>>8087551
Given that, this should do.
>>
>>8087527
I'm borrowing the one edited by Alastair Fowler
>>
>>8087551
The only good books in the starter kit are Gatsby, Dorian Grey and Lolita.
>>
Are there any books essential to be read (as the Odyssey is to Ulysses) before Infinite Jest other than Hamlet?

also

How does Camus's non-The Stranger fiction hold up? I've heard the Plague and the Fall aren't that good.
>>
>>8088441
I thought the plague was a good read, if not a little long winded towards the end. Solid message, and does a good job of showing society at its best and worst. Main character is a cool dude
>>
Tl;dr for the lurkers? Was Milton Freidman an /r9k/ guy? All I know about that book is lost
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.