[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good books about individualist anarchism?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: voluntaryism.png (20 KB, 550x487) Image search: [Google]
voluntaryism.png
20 KB, 550x487
What are some good books about individualist anarchism?
>>
>>8086528
stirner
>>
>>8086528
>"Anarcho"-Capitalism
>"Individualist

You're gonna be collectively slaving away for the benefit of whichever lord... I mean "CAPTAIN OF INDUSTRY" enslaves you... I mean, writes up a contract of indentured servitude with you.
>>
Stirner
Proudhon
>>
>>8086676
Everyone is their own capitalist, dummy. Slaving away for yourself.
>>
>>8087229
Ancaps don't get power relations. Markets are not natural, but need to be actively maintained through regulations, the ever present threat of physical force.Some industries naturally tend to monopolies, eg. Uber, Poultry processing, communications, you end up in a situation where many sellers are at the complete mercy of one buyer. Industrial cartels eventually coalesce into pseudo-states.
>>
>>8086545
>>8086859
These are good. If you want the philosophical foundations of it, it may be better to read Stirner first. If you want the political foundations of it (& indeed the foundations of anarchism in general), start with Proudhon.

Either way, know that there is a distinction between what is called 'individualist anarchism' and 'anarcho-capitalism', as both of these authors have some pretty negative things to say about capitalism (more specifically, private property) from an individualist standpoint. Shouldn't be much of a problem unless you're too autistic to read anything you disagree with.
>>
>>8087251
You're trapped in the statist paradigm. There isn't one markets, the competitions of different sorts of trading is at the head of stateless capitalism. The threat of violence is unnecessary, because its not the control of property but the trading of services, contracts will be honored because of the desire for future business. If I rob someone, then I'm cut off from the economy and have to survive on my own. Or worse (or better) have to live with other criminals. Leftists don't get it, we'll be stateless with or without you.

Why did you list two industries that are the easiest to be distributive? All Uber does is charge credit cards, bitcoin will end that company. And chickens are everywhere, I have chickens in my backyard right now that I'm thinking about slaughtering.
>>
>>8087532
You are fascinatingly delusional.
>>
>>8087537
Nothing I said was objectively incorrect. But have fun with your religion.
>>
There aren't many books explicitly about that. Individualist anarchists are rare.

you've got the voluntaryist/ancap picture, so i'm assuming you're talking about ancap books.

there's not a lot to read if you already believe that the initiation of force is immoral, unless you're looking for books that challenge that. but those wouldn't be ancap books.

What kind of books are you looking for? nonfiction? if so what type? fiction? what genres do you like?

this will inevitably descend into red anarchists talking about how ancaps arent true anarchists because they dont fit defintion x though.
>>
>>8086528
James J. Martin - Men Against the State: The Expositors of Individualist Anarchism in America, 1827-1908

>>8086676
>>8087251
Kill yourself.
>>
>>8087564
^ Moron detected.
>>
>>8087569
Butthurt chomskian anarcho-syndicalism of muh-feeling detected.
>>
>>8087251
>Uber

Literally better than everything else.

>Poultry processing, communications

Government granted privileges.

Kek.
>>
emile armand.

go check it, you wont regret it,
>>
>>8086528
Shadow the Hedgehog
>>
>>8087532
>>8087532
>contracts will be honored because of the desire for future business
There will be no conmen or fraudsters?

>bitcoin will end that company
Like it killed off credit and debit cards?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.