[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've read about half of this today and I'm waiting
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: some negative number.jpg (88 KB, 408x625) Image search: [Google]
some negative number.jpg
88 KB, 408x625
I've read about half of this today and I'm waiting for there to be a point. My copy has some quote on the front about how disturbing it is but all that happens is drugs, parties, and movies. And also literally everyone is bisexual.

I guess it's alright?
>>
>>8085078
Someone dies at the end or something. There really isn't a point other than BEE's usual vapid bullshit about how vain and hollow everyone is.
>>
Don't read the spoiler OP, just finish the book, it's pretty good and not that long. It has a point, it's nothing that's going to change your life or anything, but as you said the story is about these people doing drugs and shit, that's not going to change.
>>8085087
>Someone dies at the end or something.
nobody dies, but there is a 12 year old sex slave. That's probably the most fucked up thing.
>>
File: 1461738164116.jpg (19 KB, 426x333) Image search: [Google]
1461738164116.jpg
19 KB, 426x333
>Lots and lots of felonies
>>
>>8085087

>Someone dies at the end or something.

Nice reading comprehension.

>There really isn't a point other than BEE's usual vapid bullshit about how vain and hollow everyone is.

This, tbqh. Used to love him a few years back, but now I'm like "eh".
>>
>>8085145
Don't forget the snuff film.
>>
>>8085078
Autistics like yourself don't appreciate Ellis because you have to actually empathize on more than just the surface level to feel disturbed by his characters.
>>
>>8085548
There's nothing to emphasize with and everything in his shit is surface level. You got memed, son.
>>
>>8085637
It's pretty hard to write something that's only surface level. Ellis isn't the GOAT but it says more about you than about him that you can read him that way.
>>
>>8085637
>There's nothing to emphasize with
allow me to disregard your opinion with loud laughter
>>
>>8085548
I've read American Psycho and wanted to read the whole Ellis Literary Universe in order. I find myself turning page after page but it's because I perpetually feel like something is going to happen. Of course it's disturbing how noncontributing the characters are.
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 670x424) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 670x424
>>8085658
>noncontributing
Wageslave please
>>
Why are all the BEE hardcovers so fucking expensive.
>>
>>8085078
>Implying that living a life devoid of any meaning or purpose outside of satisfying hedonistic desires isn't disturbing.

That's the point of the novel, senpai. The aching desire to have a purposeful existance is universal, even in what might seem to be the most superficial of people.
>>
>>8085078

It's a very short novella. With all due respect, stop crying you casual
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.